4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

Trails in San Diego, CA?

Old 08-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trails in San Diego, CA?

Just wondering if any of you guys are from around the area or who've had previous experience in any trails in or around San Diego. Nothing to crazy though. My disco is very basic but I still wanna go out there and have some fun. Any advices? Preferrably not too far.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Trails in San Diego, CA?

Hey, sorry no one had answered back on this tread. I had stopped looking at it myself since the people here in my area of California are all juppies for the most part with the exeption of those already members of the Club (NCLR)so no one ever seems to care to take their rovers off roading in the San Fran bay area. However, talking about clubs, there is a local club to your area called SCLR. Google them and give them a call. That is the funnest, safest way to get your rover off road with a bunch of people who understand your disco's capabilities and they would know all the places around there where you can go off roading.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Overlanding

Lots of trails in Anza-Borrego. If you're in North County you can get there in about an hour to an hour and a half. Don't know if that's too far for you. I'm lucky cause it's in my backyard. But there are alot of trails in the park ranging from easy to very difficult. I'm currently scheduled to take a 2 day off road course in the Anza-Borrego state park in November. Can't wait

Old 10-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Drifting

Thanks guys. Yeah, I've recently learned about Anza-Borrego. Its not too far from where I am. I live in Mira Mesa. So maybe an hour or two. But still not sure on where to go exactly. I think my best bet is to follow Jantiz's advice and contact a club down here and maybe I could tag along with them.

Thanks again!

Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 PM
4wd High
Red face 4x4 locations in southern cali. near los angeles

I am supposed to pick up my new 04 disco II soon with rebuilt motor. I am interested in taking it out for the first time but do not know of a good location. I would like to do a ride a easy trail. if anyone has a suggestion I would really appreciate it.