Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

cd changer / line level converter help

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd changer / line level converter help

I Have a line level converter installed, tapped into the rear sub wires and and it works great on radio and cassette mode, but not on CD mode. When I "turn on" the Spatial (sp?) mode ( you knwo the last function when scrolling through bass, treble, etc menu) it turns off the bass, acutally the signal gets really weak, when i switch it to off the bass and amp hits hard again. It does not do this in the radio or cassette mode, another thing is that the CD mode sounds like crap. I installed the line level converter before adding the cd changer and i'm guessing that might be it, i have a new interface and wire cd changer harness on order and hopefully that is the problem, but do any you have any other ideas?

The Cd is a Alpine unit with the interface that is plug and play to the 10pin factory stereo in case you wanted to know.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: cd changer / line level converter help

sounds like you are on the right track. If you can go back to the original set up, and see if that works. The wiring for the radio is different. The other thing to look at is the resistance levels of the speaker and the changes you have made. it is not the best idea to mix ohm readings. It can be done, but you have to come out to the radio specs. If you need more on the spec stuff let me know. the other place to check is the audio section of the forum. gotta love a rover. duboff

Old 08-15-2005, 12:27 AM
Overlanding
Default RE: cd changer / line level converter help

thanks,
i'll check the ohm reading.