Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Custom sub woofer enclosures for Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom sub woofer enclosures for Discovery

I've been working on this project off and on for about 6 months. I am finally getting to a pointwhere I seelight at the end of the tunnel and I want to peddle my wears to my fellow Discovery enthisiasts.

Not wanting to put a big, generic, two sub box behind the rear seats. You know, whe onesthat leave no room to carry things. So I set out to make custom sub enclosures to mount where the left and right jumpseats would be in the back of my LR DII. Wanting a very stealth and factory looking fit and finish Idecided to go with moulded fiberglass. I must say, Im pretty excited about the way they are turning out. The first set did not look good when they got back from paint. So I am in the process of pulling more and I should have complete boxes, left and right, ready for paint next week. Unfortunately you cant paint fiberglass until it cures for about a week to ten days. I will post some pictures of the face with an 8" sub and grill before mating with the back half of enclosure and obviously before paint. I also have moulds for 8", 10", and 12" subs.

Features include:

Acoustic suspension design (sealed enclosure)
1.2 cubic feet of internal air space
Appropriatemounting diameter (8, 10, or 12)
Same dimensions as stock cargo compartment
Fitsmost 8", 10",or 12"subs
¼ fiberglass Construction with 3/8" MDF wood mounting ring
Texture and color matchingpaint (please specify sand or dark charcoal)
Color matched, removable speaker grill
You can still use your trunk mat and cargocover
Recessed, pre-installed, gold plated speaker binding posts
Takes only a few minutes to remove from truck
13 lbs. (net weight)
One year warranty
$299 each + shipping with matching texture, paint and a factory style grill
[ul][/ul]
Send me a PM if youhave any questions.

Duc

[IMG]local://upfiles/4361/468B0342B897433B8886CAD454480331.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4361/36B7381E95C04E3A8E0DBC62905EE85D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-31-2007, 05:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Custom sub woofer enclosures for Discovery

I have rear A/C - will it mount in front of it, where a jump seat would go (driver's side)?
I don't want to lose my storage compartment on the other side, so mounting it on the passenger side won't work.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:30 PM
Overlanding

I have rear A/C - will it mount in front of it, where a jump seat would go (driver's side)?
Im not familiar with the rear air location. I designed these to fit into the jumpseat cutouts. If the rear air does not alter or occupy any of the standard "jumpseat" space, then this will work. If you look at the third picture above, that isan actual LH (driverside) enclosure fitted intoa Land Rover Discovery side panel (removed from the truck of course). They will utilize the customers factory lid (not shown in the pictures) for the storage spaces and there is about 4inches from the top of the enclosure to the bottom of the lid, so there is still a little storage space. The left side of the picture is the rear of the truck and the right side is toward the front of the truck.

I don't want to lose my storage compartment on the other side, so mounting it on the passenger side won't work.
I have made both sides, and actually thought people would be more interested in the RH side for ease of wiring.

Out of curiosity, could you snap a few pics of the rear air so I can see where and how it is routed?

Steve
email: sales@landroverenclosures.com

Old 06-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Rock Crawling

Pics sent

Old 06-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Overlanding

Looks like if your DII has rear air my driver side (Left) enclosure will not work. The interiorstorage areahas been shallowed to accomodate the A/C. However, the passenger side (Right) appears to be the same as non-rear A/C DIIs and my passenger side enclosure should fit as advertised.

I haveattached a couple of pictures of a painteddriver side (LH) enclosure mounted in the truck.

Thank you all for your inquiries, and feel free to PM me or email sales@landroverenclosures.com

Duc

[IMG]local://upfiles/4361/6F242042B09242A5AB70FF54E9635D4B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4361/ADB5899E59E342ABA448003DF53F4A6B.jpg[/IMG]