Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Discovery CD Changer -> Have to be Land Rover?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 03:43 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discovery CD Changer -> Have to be Land Rover?

I just got a 2002 Discovery and noticed you can wire in a cd changer. Does this have to be a land rover approved changer or can I get any changer and just buy a kit to be able to use the steering wheel controls? anyone know?
thanks!

Old 01-26-2005, 04:03 AM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Discovery CD Changer -> Have to be Land Rover?

Sorry, I don't know anything about the cd radio things, as niether of my two landies have anything like that in them.

Old 04-16-2005, 04:34 PM
1st Gear

I would go look at Crutchfields web site. I know they sell aftermarket CD changers that work with some factory systems
Good Luck!
Brian

Old 06-27-2005, 12:15 PM
6th Gear

It depends on your Radio Sistem. Most of the Disco... are equiped with Philips car radio, som with Harman and Kardon. Just remove the radio and see what brand is yours and then try with the same brand CD- Changer.

Old 06-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Diag11

It depends on your Radio Sistem. Most of the Disco... are equiped with Philips car radio, som with Harman and Kardon. Just remove the radio and see what brand is yours and then try with the same brand CD- Changer.
actually it will be pioneer, harmon kardon, or alpine.

stock cd changer

aftermarket one

Old 07-27-2005, 05:59 AM
6th Gear

Yea Alpine and Pioneer are gonna be your best choices and not to offend anyone this is my personal beleif but all HK product is worthless. I have alpine 6DVD changer and alpine nav and head unit in my 97 Disco and I wouldn't trade them for anything

Old 08-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Rock Crawling

Disco II do have the ability to use other than factory cd players. They will need to have an adaptor for the wiring. I don't know about the wheel controls. If you are just looking for the cd player that will work. check ebay for an oem replacement. it will be less expensive than you think and with the oem you will have the steering wheel controls. hope it helps. gotta love a rover. duboff

Old 10-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Nux
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys. I just got a newish pioneer cd changer. Duboff (or anyone), is there an adapter of some sort that you know of that can be used to operate generic cd changers with the original HK head unit? If anyone has some schematics of the in/outputs of the oem cd changer please share! Also looking into hacking into the wires to operate a Ipod. The Itrip sound quality isn't that great, although easy to get the music to your head unit.

I'm suffering with out my music.
Thanks.
Daniel

Old 10-17-2005, 04:45 AM
Rock Crawling

when we got our disco we asked for a cd changer to be installed nd the dealer installed the sony one you mentioned before, and thats cool apart from it takes ages for the CD to load

Old 05-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Winching

i just bought an alpine cd changer brand new and had to buy the converter unit in order to operate the changer with the factory head unit, idk which head unit it is ill have them look at it when they get it out. so the converter for the alpine i was told has to be an mbus converter which they no longer make. you'll have to get the MBUS one to make it all work bc the AInet converter is too small or something for your factory unit. hope this helps, and get the alpine its worth it.

Quick Reply: Discovery CD Changer -> Have to be Land Rover?