Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Quick radio connection question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick radio connection question.

Hey guys. Just a simple radio hook up ? as I really don't do radios but I've got my mentra harness and my steering wheel converter, almost home free and understand it most, just some wording is confusing me. I don't understand how to connect the wires from my steering wheel harness to the 'pins' in the photo/file attached. Do I basically splice into pin3 and pull out pin 2 and connect that to the ground? I just don't want to try it without some advice, my luck I know I could short something out and have to order another part. Until then, silently driving.....

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Disco 2 radio1-3.pdf (222.4 KB, 141 views)
Old 04-09-2014, 01:26 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoat
Hey guys. Just a simple radio hook up ? as I really don't do radios but I've got my mentra harness and my steering wheel converter, almost home free and understand it most, just some wording is confusing me. I don't understand how to connect the wires from my steering wheel harness to the 'pins' in the photo/file attached. Do I basically splice into pin3 and pull out pin 2 and connect that to the ground? I just don't want to try it without some advice, my luck I know I could short something out and have to order another part. Until then, silently driving.....
I don't see a picture attached, but did your Metra steering wheel control harness come with any resistors? Almost every kit I've ever installed does, so if yours did, it's imperative to connect these inline like the directions state. PM me if you have questions on how to do this.