Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

stereo "code"

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 07:06 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo "code"

I just recently aquired a 98 Land Rover Discovery LE.

I had to diconnect the battery and now the stereo will not work. says "code". I have the card with code number. It says turn on ignition, turn on radio and wait for "code" to appear and type in the code and radio will work. I have done this according to the instructions all I get is a "beep" after the last number is entered. still does not work.

Thanks a heep for any help.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: stereo "code"

From what i've done and heard. which i own a 99 DI, should be same.

Should be as simple as what you said. I think if you hear a beep before the code is finished you must wait with the radio on and the key turned to position III for hour and half, i've hear hour and hour half, better to go with the hour and half to be sure and try again, i think you get three tries. I would suggest trying it once, with the code you have, if it does not beep, then perhaps you have the wrong code. I just had to push each preset as if each was a code button then it turned on.

As i said if it doesnt work with theese directions, call a repulatble dealer and give the vin, they will be able to give you the code. If it is the same, then i'm guessing you do not have the original radio for that car, which i do not know what to do next. Let me know how this works for you, and if none of it does, hopefully someone can pick up on what i missed

Old 07-05-2008, 09:16 PM
4th Gear

The code is on the original card you get get when you puchase the vehicle ( In fact I have both cards). The radio worked before I disconnected the battery. I only get a "beep" AFTER I type in the last number of the code..

Old 07-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Rock Crawling

I dont know to much what else to say, your doing everything right it seems. Your entereing the code right it seems. Maybe call where you got it from, ask what they have done.