Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

1993 Range Rover Classic LWB

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Booth
come on over! I need all the helpI can get. I'm trying to launch the side business at the same time but seem to spend all of my available time patching up cars that either my wife or the Au Pair just broke
Sadly, I seem to better at breaking than fixing things, too! I'll just covet your garage and its contents from afar. Makes my ragtag fleet seem so... ragtag.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:24 PM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Re: TPS call L8 the round plug ETC8495 can be had. Good luck if it's a "flat plug TPS". You can also check local parts places that sell Standard Motor Products.... part #TH352

L8 on ebay> Land Rover Discovery 1 Range Classic Defender Throttle Position Sensor ETC8495 | eBay

Old 06-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts
Old 06-21-2016, 05:41 PM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

fun times, white classic threw a check engine light last night. Code 17 the throttle potentiometer.

Mental note please shoot the designer than determined you need to pull off the seat trim to view the diagnostic display!

Replaced the Potentiometer temporarily with one from my black classic but need a new part now. Anyone got the inside track on a new Throttle Potentiometer? my usual sources all say no longer available?
I have a couple of used ones that came off '95 RRC's and DI's. If you're still looking let me know.
Cheers,
Paul

Old 09-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

it's been quiet on the build front. I just changed the water pump on the Classic. Still have to do the heater matrix.
Next job is adding a light bar, second battery, relocating the gubbins currently sitting in the spare battery bay and running power to the roof.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I spent 3 hours moving the RTT from my D2 over to the Classic. Bruised and skinned knuckles will attest to how much of a pain that job was!

At the trailhead near Leavenworth, WA

Over night accommodation for 2

Last edited by Robert Booth; 09-26-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:04 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

How are things going with this build Robert? Im not a fan of Range Rover but seeing how clean your RRC is I almost crave a LWB... Interesting roof top clamshell tent, got any interior pics?

Old 11-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle

You should come to the dark side and try a LWB one of these days. They ride really nice and the flat roof is great for mounting stuff on but retaining a lower overall height.

The white classic just just keeps on trucking. It has 250k on it now and it's probably my most "sorted" trustworthy vehicle for long trips.

i still have to do the heater matrix and there's an extensive list of todo's -rear tailgate replacement, fix the cruise control, second battery and power to the roof. My original plan was to replace the engine with an LS3 or a 200tdi but at this point i'all just drove it until it breaks and then do the swap.

The tent is a James barroud discovey evolution. It's excellent and I strongly recommend it.

ive been spending most of my time working on a LWB "Sable edition" and putting that into daily driver service. Well that and my D2 is down at the moment with a front cover coolant leak. I'm going to replace the oil pump, timing chain, valley pan gasket and head gaskets all at once so kind of need to be able to count on my two LWB's for daily transport for a couple of weeks Unfil I get my D2 back on the road.

i have to say though, that I've found the older Rovers to be very resilient in the face of quite substantial abuse. The independence of the different systems within the car is a refreshing change of pace to my more complex d2.

Old 11-13-2016, 04:14 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

You should come to the dark side and try a LWB one of these days. They ride really nice and the flat roof is great for mounting stuff on but retaining a lower overall height.

The white classic just just keeps on trucking. It has 250k on it now and it's probably my most "sorted" trustworthy vehicle for long trips.

i still have to do the heater matrix and there's an extensive list of todo's -rear tailgate replacement, fix the cruise control, second battery and power to the roof. My original plan was to replace the engine with an LS3 or a 200tdi but at this point i'all just drove it until it breaks and then do the swap.

The tent is a James barroud discovey evolution. It's excellent and I strongly recommend it.

ive been spending most of my time working on a LWB "Sable edition" and putting that into daily driver service. Well that and my D2 is down at the moment with a front cover coolant leak. I'm going to replace the oil pump, timing chain, valley pan gasket and head gaskets all at once so kind of need to be able to count on my two LWB's for daily transport for a couple of weeks Unfil I get my D2 back on the road.

i have to say though, that I've found the older Rovers to be very resilient in the face of quite substantial abuse. The independence of the different systems within the car is a refreshing change of pace to my more complex d2.
Dam dude how many Rovers you got now? Lol never even heard of a Sable efition... Ive only ridden as a passenger in one RRC but it was all jacked up with huge tires and **** lol. I hear ya about Classic Rovers being less complucated. One day Ill aquire a second Rover but still leaning towards a 110. Either way you have a very respectable looking LWD. Hows the frame and rear door?

Old 11-13-2016, 12:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle

The Sable edition was a black on black LWB that had a limited production run of 200 units. Nothing else about it was special, just the interior being black.

The black classic has more surface rust on it than most west coast cars as the previous owner lived in Long Beach and apparently would drive the beach every day. I just repaired the rear loadspace floor, but it's in pretty good shape everywhere else. Owning it has been a learning excercise in dealing with rusted and corroded parts. I really feel a lot of sympathy for you folks dealing with rust every day. It massively complicates every job!

The white LWB is really clean with no real rust to speak of. Lots of body dings though. It's just a reliable daily driver. (Touch wood)

i have the 4 Rovers at the moment, plus a parts D2 and then my buddies matching black RRC LWB and that ace equipped black D2 with the blown engine that I told you about, so there's 7 in my shop in total.

Quick Reply: 1993 Range Rover Classic LWB