Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

1993 Range Rover Classic LWB

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 11:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Changed the oil and filter. "Senor Blanco" has been boringly reliable (touch wood). I do need to change out the green stuff pads, they squeak like crazy, although I must admit the truck stops great.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:22 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

I like the name. Thanks for the update. Your thread had me perusing Dallas craigslist for rangies ... for HOURS. Apologies to all of the people I called and interrogated about their Classics.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle

If you want me to find you one up here in Seattle just give the word, along with your colour preference
i have my eye on a really nice 93 LWB in green...

Old 12-17-2016, 09:09 AM
Camel Trophy

They're cheap in Dallas and most are garaged. What spooks me is that almost all of them have some kind of electrical problem and almost all of them have been totally dealership maintained, meaning, in my mind, that the dealership has given up.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:14 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Just electrical?

Dealers give up because they only want to service vehicles under 10 years old. They aren't likely to have mechanics who can work on these any more.

i'd love to pick up some garages rovers with nice bodywork for a change. The ones I buy all have dings, inop heated seats, inop drivers seat & mirrors, electric windows into, cruise control into, dropped headliner.

you can get the drivers seat ecu from "proper parts " on eBay. Headliner is straight forward, the other stuff is all about finding a good ecu repair guy.

I'd be more comfortable with an indie maintained RRC.
(off to peruse Dallas Craigslist now)

Old 12-18-2016, 10:42 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Robert Booth
Just electrical?

Dealers give up because they only want to service vehicles under 10 years old. They aren't likely to have mechanics who can work on these any more.

i'd love to pick up some garages rovers with nice bodywork for a change. The ones I buy all have dings, inop heated seats, inop drivers seat & mirrors, electric windows into, cruise control into, dropped headliner.

you can get the drivers seat ecu from "proper parts " on eBay. Headliner is straight forward, the other stuff is all about finding a good ecu repair guy.

I'd be more comfortable with an indie maintained RRC.
(off to peruse Dallas Craigslist now)

Last time I checked there were six nice ones. After my post I checked and found ZERO.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:58 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Murphy's law in action

Old 01-22-2017, 11:49 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

I think you might be interested if for no other reason than they did a great job. 1995 Range Rover County LWB and pic link https://www.flickr.com/photos/827061...th/8291793932/ You where the first person I thought of when I found this simply because you appreciate Classics, literally and figuratively.

Last edited by ihscouts; 01-22-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I was just checking out the other thread with this link!
for some reason, I don't dig the 95's as much as the 93 and 94 LWB's. Someone has worked hard on this truck though. What immediately jumps to mind for me though is that at 22k who am I selling to?
Its too pretty for a trail rig, not original enough for a collector and the engine is still the old 4.2 so it's not a "retro mod" type "hot rod".
its just a lot of coin for a tastefully put together classic. Am I off base here?

I figure if its not "original" then go the whole hog and put a fresh reliable motor in it, throw true tracs up front and a Detroit locker on the rear, upgrade the EAS or build a more "overlander" type truck with the coil conversion.

Last edited by Robert Booth; 01-22-2017 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:51 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Booth
Am I off base here?
Nope, that's why I had to poke it into your build thread and here. It's very subtly bi-polar. Did you notice the diff guards? I had to laugh, like where would you drive this high dollar Rover to damage a diff? I honestly had to look at the pictures several times to appreciate all that has been done or preserved. Would you buy it if the price was 10k?

Quick Reply: 1993 Range Rover Classic LWB