Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Jay in Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 05:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Jay in Alabama

I'm starting with a 2000 Disco 2 SE7. Well I got the head gasket situation situation and got the engine bay nice and clean. Have everything powdercoated and the manifolds, heat shields, and new magnaflow y pipes ceramic coated. This will be a slow build since my wife has me on a budget.....gotta love that. But might at well start documenting it along the way. Any pointers and advice will be appreciated.
Jason

Old 02-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Looks like a nice clean specimen. Your engine turned out nice, too.

Good luck, with your build. Looking forward to following along.

Brian.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:36 AM
Pro Wrench

I'll try to post some pics of the engine during and after BC for the life of me I don't remember where I stored the before pics.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:48 AM
Pro Wrench

Had a few recent setbacks that killed the budget for the "panty dropper" (I figure if Friday night disco gets "tricky dicky" I gotta get something wild too). Water pump went out on coming home from work (thank god for the ultra guage) and had to get an autozone one since I was on the side of the interstate. After swapping that out and filling my cooling system, noticed it pissing like an 80 year old man on water pills, so had to call a neighbor and get them to bring the trailer so I could get it home. Put a nissens radiator in it and thank god I had an extra thermostat BC when the pump failed, it made the new factory 180 thermostat fubar!!!! Waiting on the new one to come in along with some heater core hoses and master cylinder rebuild kit and a few other small things. Next on the list will I guess be o2 sensors since the passenger side upward is reading .0005 volts at best and the drivers side rear downstream is about 1/4 what the passenger side is reading. Thinking about using walker's like some reccomend but hate they only have a 90 day warranty compared to a Bosch with a 1 year. Might have to get a maf also. Gonna try and clean it first. Even with the lean condition, I will say it runs great. Been talking with Erik at lucky 8 and think I'm gonna go 3" ome hd with the fox shock set up and also debating on vinyl wrap or painting the dang thing. I'm still hard set on the line-x roof since there will be a rack up there and why not made it durable as hell. When that happens, I'm gonna remove the gutter trim and have them do the gutters and under them to the body seam just for piece of mind. Just gotta get everything mechanical sound first before I go with the rest and that the kicker. Oh that and getting my wife to ease up on the pocket book!!!!

Old 06-21-2017, 07:46 AM
Pro Wrench

Engine is all done and next mod is the inline mod. Cleaners up the engine bay.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:50 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very clean! Really like the view under the hood! haha

How are you liking the Ultra gauge? Ive been debating on one but haven't pulled the trigger yet...

TIA

Chad