Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

JFINTEXAS Build Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 04:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jfintexas
Yeah, perhaps that will be the case. I think I will give the Gorilla a try plus use the dashboard repair kit to reinforce the area along the windshield. Worst case is it does not work and I have a back up with Charlie's dash. We'll see.
All parts ordered for the inline thermostat mod! I love me some Amazon. They had everything and most was on Prime.
Sounds like a plan, no doubt worth giving it a try.

Let us know how it goes when you do it. That applies to both the dash and the thermo mod, of course. :P

Old 12-14-2016, 05:30 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

All parts ordered for the inline thermostat mod! I love me some Amazon. They had everything and most was on Prime.
That is a seriously satisfying and quick mod.

My favorite still remains the Alex_M hood strut. But then, I spend way too much time crawling in my engine compartment.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:08 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up the Disco today. Really happy with the purchase. It is in great shape and I think will work great for my projects. The dash is warped A LOT worse then originally observed so that is definitely a project ;-) So, driving home I got the 3 amigos. Threw the scanner on when I got back home and got the two following codes. Do these suggest a replacement of the shuttle valve assembly? Or that and something else? Sorry. Real nube here but want it to be perfect.
Pic of the 3 amigos (sitting in traffic so reason for 10 MPH) and a pic of the scanner readout.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:18 PM
Camel Trophy

Picked up the Disco today. Really happy with the purchase. It is in great shape and I think will work great for my projects. The dash is warped A LOT worse then originally observed so that is definitely a project ;-) So, driving home I got the 3 amigos. Threw the scanner on when I got back home and got the two following codes. Do these suggest a replacement of the shuttle valve assembly? Or that and something else? Sorry. Real nube here but want it to be perfect.
Pic of the 3 amigos (sitting in traffic so reason for 10 MPH) and a pic of the scanner readout.

If you don't mind the expense, a new shuttle switch should fix the issue. But there is a way to modify it (search for shuttle option B) that isn't too difficult and ensures that the error won't return.

I did option B on one rover and it worked. On the other, I took the shuttle switch off and it was rusted to pieces. That rover was down until I got a new switch and I sort of regretted the entire project because of the wait.

So it is a coin toss.

The second one was a rusty rover. If yours isn't, the option b should work.

The following users liked this post:
jfintexas (12-16-2016)
Old 12-15-2016, 11:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Here is your tres amigos fix. Do option B on the list.

ABS Mod - LAND ROVER CLUB V.I.

The following users liked this post:
jfintexas (12-16-2016)
Old 12-16-2016, 12:26 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Street Wolf
Here is your tres amigos fix. Do option B on the list.

ABS Mod - LAND ROVER CLUB V.I.
Sweet! Street Wolf to the rescue again! Thanks.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:29 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
If you don't mind the expense, a new shuttle switch should fix the issue. But there is a way to modify it (search for shuttle option B) that isn't too difficult and ensures that the error won't return.

I did option B on one rover and it worked. On the other, I took the shuttle switch off and it was rusted to pieces. That rover was down until I got a new switch and I sort of regretted the entire project because of the wait.

So it is a coin toss.

The second one was a rusty rover. If yours isn't, the option b should work.
Thanks Charlie! I'll see what a replacement SVS is, otherwise Option B seems like a no-brainer.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:59 PM
Mudding

Has anyone ordered and installed one of these? Would you recommend or should I steer clear?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272488966411

Last edited by jfintexas; 12-19-2016 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Add link...
Old 12-19-2016, 07:08 PM
Camel Trophy

Has anyone ordered and installed one of these? Would you recommend or should I steer clear?

That looks like a good one but there is no mention of what u joints they use. If they don't use common ones, replacements can be irritating and more expensive.

Fully greasable is the way to go.

You might check lucky8 (a forum sponsor). If memory serves they have a HD shaft and do a discount for forum members. Ask for Erik.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:19 PM
Camel Trophy

That looks like a good one but there is no mention of what u joints they use. If they don't use common ones, replacements can be irritating and more expensive.

Fully greasable is the way to go.

You might check lucky8 (a forum sponsor). If memory serves they have a HD shaft and do a discount for forum members. Ask for Erik.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JFINTEXAS Build Thread