Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

JFINTEXAS Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 12:34 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Best4x4
The only difference I know of on a D2 would be with or without headlight squirters. The jugs are different due to one having an extra place for a washer pump. The squirters were a nice british touch, but it's something I can live without lol.
I agree. I'm not hooking up the headlight washers with the new bumper. Besides, with the headlight guards, cant imagine they will be very effective anyway.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,661 Posts

I never really had issues with the nozzles or the pumps, but the little valve that keeps the washer fluid from draining out was always sticking. I cleaned it several times, and even bought a replacement once, but it's just not worth it IMHO.

Would be a better used setup to squirt down our radiators on a hot day lol.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:42 AM
Mudding

Howdy again. I've read numerous threads to see if I could get the right answer. I may be dense but the clear evidence is not jumping out at me. :-) I just installed a TF 2inch HD lift and BFG KO2s (275/65 18s) on my stock Hurricane wheels. I have some rubbing in front when at close to full turn. I would rather not lose any turning radius. Considering 1 inch spacers (25mm) all the way around.

Any concerns any one see with this? If not, I want to get quality spacers. Recommendations on manufacturer? Thanks!

Old 01-17-2017, 12:08 PM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Did this shop give you the truck back with the front tires rubbing? That's BS! You are far more forgiving than I am. Well anyway...

AB has 1" spring spacers that will work. If you get the fronts (SMLR107) from their Ebay store you save shipping > Set of 2 Front Suspension Lift Spacers: 1-inch Lift (SMLR107) | eBay

Rears (SMLR104A): Spacers Rear 1 Inch (Pair) For Rover Vehicles

Did the new front bumper and winch go on yet? Doubt it, but you might need 2" spacers. Just a thought. Good Luck

Old 01-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by OverRover
Did this shop give you the truck back with the front tires rubbing? That's BS! You are far more forgiving than I am. Well anyway...

AB has 1" spring spacers that will work. If you get the fronts (SMLR107) from their Ebay store you save shipping > Set of 2 Front Suspension Lift Spacers: 1-inch Lift (SMLR107) | eBay

Rears (SMLR104A): Spacers Rear 1 Inch (Pair) For Rover Vehicles

Did the new front bumper and winch go on yet? Doubt it, but you might need 2" spacers. Just a thought. Good Luck
LOL. They still have the truck. The bumper is in paint this week and will ship out from TR on Thursday.

So...what you're suggesting is more lift? Not bringing the wheels out a smidge? I'll take a closer look once the front bumper and winch goes on but I didn't really want to go up in height. Thanks for the lead on the spring spacers. If we're off after the bumpers, I'll go that route.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:39 PM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Is the tire rubbing on the bottom of the front fender? /\ Both sides? The extra weight of the bumper and winch will only make this worse.
A 275/65/18 tire really shouldn't hit especially with a lift. But if they are you need to raise the fender (w/ spring spacers) or trim the fender. The wheel spacer won't change the distance between the tire and the fender. It will just make it hit at a different place.
Do I dare ask.... what has the shop suggested????

Old 01-17-2017, 01:54 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by OverRover

Is the tire rubbing on the bottom of the front fender? /\ Both sides? The extra weight of the bumper and winch will only make this worse.
A 275/65/18 tire really shouldn't hit especially with a lift. But if they are you need to raise the fender (w/ spring spacers) or trim the fender. The wheel spacer won't change the distance between the tire and the fender. It will just make it hit at a different place.
Do I dare ask.... what has the shop suggested????
The rubbing is on the radius arms and the lift has nothing to do with it.
Wheel spacers are the simplest solution.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:48 PM
Mudding

FishEH is correct. The rubbing is on the radius arms. I'm going to get the bumper and winch on as well as the fuel tank guard and take another look to see where we stand. I'll have a better sense at that time the best solution. All good. BTW, the shop is in a "wait and see" stance. I don't want to make any decisions until we getter closer to end-state.

On a positive note, the new washer fluid "bottle" came in from Devon 4X4. Excited about getting this on.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
Contact the individuals in my signature. If Rovers North doesn't have it (and they didn't cuz I looked) then it's almost unobtainium as a new part unless you want to go over the pond. Personally I think a wrecking yard would be my first check unfortunately it's different enough to be listed as 03/04 part only so don't snag an earlier models.
the bellows are all the same. The entire assembly is the same except for the lid. The 99-02 has a smaller connection for the maf and the 03-04 has a larger connection for the maf. I ordered the whole air box and got the 03-04 model and that's how I know. I ended up using my lid off my old air box since what I really needed was that flexibile collar. I saved my old one and on my new one, I masked off the rubber and coated them with flex seal black on both. Works like a charm and you can't tell it's not meant to look that way!!!

Old 01-18-2017, 03:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by jfintexas
FishEH is correct. The rubbing is on the radius arms. I'm going to get the bumper and winch on as well as the fuel tank guard and take another look to see where we stand. I'll have a better sense at that time the best solution. All good. BTW, the shop is in a "wait and see" stance. I don't want to make any decisions until we getter closer to end-state.

On a positive note, the new washer fluid "bottle" came in from Devon 4X4. Excited about getting this on.

Loving that washer resivoir. Just checked on one for my disco. Enjoying watching the build. Interested to see what you do with the roof. I'm looking at linex'ing mine and then wrapping the rest of the vehicle in matte black (original color is white gold). Keep up the great work man

Quick Reply: JFINTEXAS Build Thread