Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Lucky 8's new Project D2 - Bigger and Better than the last one

Old 01-27-2016, 12:15 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

There are bunch of built ones around. I have seen several build threads on various forums. They must work well because the L322 certainly seems capable enough in stock form:
Don't they have the ability to connect the air lines for the suspension between the front wheel on one side and the rear wheel on the other side to improve articulation? I thought I read that somewhere. Hopefully you will stick with the air suspension. For a lift I guess you can use strut spacers but to increase the travel you will to fabricate some bits.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Im not sure about the airlines. Ive only ever seen a handful out in the wild actually being used, so I am eager to try. Good video of a Sport getting it done. As for improving travel, we already designed something similar for the RRS, LR3 and LR4

Lucky8 Llc. - Take the road less traveled...

Old 01-28-2016, 12:43 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Looking forward to the build. I'd love to see the eas properly eliminated. Obviously for reliability reasons coils are a better choice. 2-3 inch lift with some aggressive tires and maybe a bit of armor? Some cheap L322's out there. The everyday working Joe can now buy one. I think many are too scared of its complications. I'd love to see you guys exploit the possibities and maybe address some weaknesses. That would be a road less traveled.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:17 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry about putting in the to the Sport. Here's a short clip of an L322 crawling through a very short section. I was impressed with the articulation and how easily and smoothly it could be driven through this:

I also found info on the air suspension link system. There is a crossover between the front springs and another for the rear springs. When the correct setting is selected, the cross link valve opens and the air bags are connected side to side. When one wheel sees more load and compresses, the air moves to the other side pushing that wheel down. It looks like a pretty slick way to maintain even pressure on each wheel, at least to the limit of travel. Coil springs will always have more pressure on the compressed side. These valves were eliminated after 2004 because they had a habit of freezing in cold weather which of course would diminish their performance at the mall.

I know everybody likes to bash the EAS in all Range Rovers but they are pretty easily rebuilt and have many benefits. Jeff Corwin of JC's British sure made the EAS work awesome offroad in a P38. I think it would be cool to see an L322 built with the EAS intact.