Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

The official TRIARII build

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

I purposely ordered the genuine tank to ensure I had a quality part.
Did you do the install or look at it prior to noticing it leaking?

Old 10-02-2016, 06:16 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by number9
Did you do the install or look at it prior to noticing it leaking?
"I have no idea if the coolant tank had cracks prior to installation or if the cracks appeared thereafter because I had all the cooling parts shipped to the shop and had my mechanic install everything along with the Turner block."

Thanks Robert. Unfortunately my route crosses over the Canadian border in western Montana so I wont be anywhere near Washington and it would be to far out of my way. Thanks again for the offer. Im just gonba stick with my truck. Alaska does not have emissions or safety inspection requirements so Im just going to drive up there and wait another year or two then buy a new galvanized chassis. My first priority will be a 25 foot year round winterized camper.

My boss owns 3 boats. The small inshore boat I work on (Calculated Risk) a larger offshore boat (forgot the name) and this newest addition yet to be renamed. He bought this boat used and completely stripped/gutted everything and torn down the wheel house. The boat will be specially modified for offshore lobster. No lines or water on deck. Reinforcement on the exterior hull where the lobster traps are hauled up etc. Hes also building a custom fully enclosed/heated wheel house and installing a 500 hp engine. He hopes to steam at around 15 knots. The plan is to have the boat finished by January.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:10 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
"I have no idea if the coolant tank had cracks prior to installation or if the cracks appeared thereafter because I had all the cooling parts shipped to the shop and had my mechanic install everything along with the Turner block."
Well I missed that and you might want to talk to your shop because it obviously wasn't replaced when you presumed it was unless RN sent a used/abused one.

You may want to go below prior to venturing out on the next vessel you're getting paid to work on to ensure things look to be be shipshape.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:42 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by number9
Well I missed that and you might want to talk to your shop because it obviously wasn't replaced when you presumed it was unless RN sent a used/abused one
Obviously you dont know Don Trudeau of Anarchy Fabworx then. and when youve owned something long enough and spent enough time working on it, you notice all the little details. Every little dent, knok and cranny, and even a worn out discolored coolant reservoir. The reservoir and cap were replaced no question about it.

As stated above Ive been a longstanding customer of Rovers North and gave noticed a decline in quality control. Weather the coolant reservoir was cracked prior to shipment or during shipment its probably still their fault. Inspecting orders for accuracy and damages and proper packaging of orders all fall on to the folks who pull the parts from the shelvs at RN.

Atlantic British appears to have better quality control but their accuracy is absurd. Ive invested alot of money with both companies. Considering switching to a UK based supplier.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

I've been very impressed with John craddock. Anything I order shows up just as quickly as from AB or RN (at least out here to Seattle).

Old 10-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

How about lucky8?

Old 10-24-2016, 07:59 PM
TReK
Default John Craddock Ltd

Update:
Think I finally tracked down the air leak in the SAI system. Turns out the pump spews out air while the pump is running after a cold startup. The rivets must be broken or giving away, causing air to leak from the assembly, so Im going to go ahead and replace the SAI pump (WIB100030) and the SAI flexiable
hose (WAH100150G).

I found a crack in the top portion of the coolant expasion tank so Im going to order a second genuine unit.

And finally I need a new y-pipe catalytic converter assembly. They were damaged while I was dealing with the misfire issue. NH inspection station confirmed codes indicating damaged cats. Thinking about a Magnaflow y-pipe assembly. Apparently Magnaflow offers afew different models for the D2 so Im open to suggestions. I dont live in Calufornia or New York so Im not worried about CA/NY compliant cats.

Im done with Rovers North. Poor quality control multiple times and unreasonable policies regarding return of the cracked expansion tank. Their inventory is also very expensive considering the lack of peace of mind. I will be submitting my first order with John Craddock Ltd. a Land Rover parts supplier based in the UK. They genuine parts are cheaper shipped than Rovers North inventory, although their website is not as user friendly and lacks diagrams.

Land Rover Parts, Spares & Accessories

Old 11-04-2016, 10:31 AM
TReK

Still waiting for new SAI parts from John Craddock to arrive, the next business day after submitting the order Donna emailed me to let me know they are waiting on the supplier but should have parts by end of week.

Contacted Lucky 8 Llc and ordered all new lug nuts and a Tom Woods front drive shaft. Apparently their budget drive shaft is not recommended for D2's lifted higher than 2 inches. Im running the Terrafirma 2 Inch HD kit purchased from Rovers North. Supposedly its actually a 3 inch kit.

Ordered some new decals from Cameltrophyshop.com and in afew weeks Im buying 5 new BFGoodrich KO2 tires in size 235/85R16 quoted $1,168.50 with alignment and balanced.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Still waiting for new SAI parts from John Craddock to arrive, the next business day after submitting the order Donna emailed me to let me know they are waiting on the supplier but should have parts by end of week.

Contacted Lucky 8 Llc and ordered all new lug nuts and a Tom Woods front drive shaft. Apparently their budget drive shaft is not recommended for D2's lifted higher than 2 inches. Im running the Terrafirma 2 Inch HD kit purchased from Rovers North. Supposedly its actually a 3 inch kit.

Ordered some new decals from Cameltrophyshop.com and in afew weeks Im buying 5 new BFGoodrich KO2 tires in size 235/85R16 quoted $1,168.50 with alignment and balanced.
It sounds like you are about to put the cherry in top of a very nice sundae. I'm glad you are in the home stretch. Thanks for posting your progress.

The following users liked this post:
TRIARII (11-05-2016)
Old 11-05-2016, 04:00 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
It sounds like you are about to put the cherry in top of a very nice sundae. I'm glad you are in the home stretch. Thanks for posting your progress.
Thanks. Still have a ways to go before this build is complete. New galvanized frame, RTE rear HD bumper, Warn winch, better lighting, storage drawers, dual battery, lockers, shower, paint job, new windshield, window tinting, new foam padding for front seats, new seat upholstery, and the never ending quest for the best bracking system. But after I fix the SAI issue and throw on new rubber Im taking a break from this build to focus on a big tow behind camper, my first acre of land and building my credit and paying off debit. Then maybe down the road I can take out a loan to finish up this build sp I can start saving up for a 110 or 70 Series Troop Carrier. Alaska does not do any kind of inspections so Ill have some new options once I get my *** back up there for good.

Quick Reply: The official TRIARII build