Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

The official TRIARII build

Old 01-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My 2004 did not have the SAI bracket (so the tube was free floating) and I only had 2 of the coil pack bracket bolts (think I used them in the upper holes for ease of install/disassembly).

I never had misfire issues with that setup.

I did get misfires when I first got the truck from a dead o2.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:44 AM
TReK
Received 417 Likes on 349 Posts
Old 02-19-2017, 12:19 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

New England finally got a dose of snow and my wiper arms are rubbish. Replaced the arms last year with new units but alas rubbish. I opted for the D1 wiper arm retrofit kit complete with winter blades. So far so good.

My icarsoft indicates shuttle valve switch failure so I ordered the shuttle valve switch kit and swapped out said part. The terminals do no appear to be corroded but I found some clear liquid inside one of the ports. Either brake fluid or water. Cleaned it out and installed new unit and cleared the shuttle valve fault; amigos return with same fault. The next recommended step would be to replace the modulator valve but my logic is this: why pay $720 for the modulator only to have the other portion of the block fail thereafter and have to replace the entire abs block? Gonna wait until next year then replace the entire abs block with new gen unit and call it good.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:29 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Did you do the wiring bypass?

The following users liked this post:
jafir (02-21-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 10:36 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts
Default There's more than one way to skin a cat...

Disclaimer...l've just heard of folks doing this...just because it sounds as if l did this a few days ago...is merely a coincidences...lol. This is just a disguise for putting out the Seattle skyline worth of lights on the dash.

If the system is working, but you are just getting the three amigos...and you plan on driving this thing until it dies (or you could just disclose the info I'm about to share with you to the next owner).

Start by pulling the plastic surround/bezel from the dash cluster, two screws located just above the steering wheel and a firm pull straight towards you will release it off the two rear spring-detent clips, don't pull to hard...there are a few wires connected to the surround (floodlights, cruise switches, etc). Then, unplug the two plugs in the upper lefthand corner of the cluster, remove the four screws that hold cluster in place, two on each end, and wiggle out of dash.

Remove clear plastic lens, by unclipping snaps around outer edge, once removed, very carefully, slightly peal back the inner black panels that are covering each "light channel" with a bulb below...which the bulb can not be removed, it it part of the printed-circuit board. You will be able to see the insignia of which light you want to eliminate on the black covers. Simply peal the corner back of whichever black cover is involved in getting at the desired channel, like previously mentioned, and fill the channel half-way with black high temperature RTV silicone.

Reassemble...and you will never-ever...never-ever...see the SRS, TCC, ABS, SES or whatever light you get tried of looking at while going down the road...lol.

Again, this is just a disguise for known-minor-issues, like a code for a misfire, but it runs fine...and you begin to care less about said code. But if you are like me...you just want the damn lights off and will check it with a scan-tool, if you sense a "real" issue.

Brian.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
If the system is working, but you are just getting the three amigos...and you plan on driving this thing until it dies (or you could just disclose the info I'm about to share with you to the next owner).
Brian.

Julian has already stated he plans on being found starved to death inside his Discovery up in Alaska. There's no chance he's selling this hooptie.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:55 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by fishEH
Julian has already stated he plans on being found starved to death inside his Discovery up in Alaska. There's no chance he's selling this hooptie.
Then this is a prefect fix for him...no worries about ending up in court over it...lol.

Maybe, just leave a note for whoever comes along and steals his ride afterwards. Granted, if they are stealing it...do they really deserve a note?

Funny you should use the word hooptie, after putting my two inch lift on yesterday...my wife said..."you're not going to be making it look all hooptie, are you?"

Brian.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:08 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Then this is a prefect fix for him...no worries about ending up in court over it...lol.

Maybe, just leave a note for whoever comes along and steals his ride afterwards. Granted, if they are stealing it...do they really deserve a note?

Funny you should use the word hooptie, after putting my two inch lift on yesterday...my wife said..."you're not going to be making it look all hooptie, are you?"

Brian.
He'll never do what you suggested because its not "factory original". He's very upper crust and only uses LRNA approved repairs and Gen-u-whine parts.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:27 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by fishEH
He'll never do what you suggested because its not "factory original". He's very upper crust and only uses LRNA approved repairs and Gen-u-whine parts.
That's fine...some of my repairs are a bit "out there". But, they work for me...since I'm just building a trail and from point A to B rig. Everyone has their own personally needs. Just wish I would have known this before I typed all of that out...lol.

Brian.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:33 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Sounds like a load of shady mechanic BS to me but to each his own. Behold the final solution:

https://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/la...alve-assy.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The official TRIARII build