Defender Talk about the Land Rover Defender within.

Chips, programmers, etc. for td5

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 05:33 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chips, programmers, etc. for td5

Greetings all,

I am interested in increasing the performance of my 2001 110 Td5 (a 3" exhaust and K&N filter being added as we speak), and found TDC technologies online that offer a "power box" for less than $200 claiming to give performance gains well....see for yourself http://www.tdc-technologies.com/

Does anyone know anything about this outfit, if the claims are true, etc.?

I have heard of much more expensive ECU mapping, but I need the truck to drive, and sending the ECU to Europe from Honduras for a month or longer is not an option.

By the way, I also just discovered that the back door on mine was rusting out due to poor water handling of the area where the back window joins the door. The local shop here repaired all that damage and did some major reinforcements to the door so that it now shuts with a "thunk" instead of clanging like a bad cymbal.

And the second AC unit I had installed (working off the original compressor) looks stock and continues to work fine. It was not something the dealer would even talk to me about, but finding a good AC place here to do it was not much trouble, mounting everything was easy for them, and the cost was about $800 all installed.