Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Microfiber Care

Old 08-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Microfiber Care

A customer called the other day and asked why their microfiber towels do not feel as soft as they did when they purchased them. I asked the customer what they do to clean their microfiber towels after they have used them. They answered that they wash them with their other household towels, use the same soap they wash everything in, and dry them in the dryer on a high heat to dry them quickly.

I provided the customer with a few helpfully tips to ensure their new microfibers would stay softer longer. Soaps that contain fabric softeners and artificial scents are actually bad for the delicate microfibers. Washing them with other items may save time and water, but it increases the chances of other fibers, like cotton to be embedded in the microfiber and can cause issues as well. Drying the towels on a low heat, no heat, or delicate cycle is best to ensure the microfibers do not become firm or fuse together with other fibers. I know the High Efficiency or HE washers are becoming more popular and require special detergents. Pinnacle has formulated their microfiber detergent to be used in both standard and HE washers.

To read more about Microfiber Care, click here!