Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Found an easier way to get rave onto an iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Found an easier way to get rave onto an iPhone

Ok so I found a really easy way to get the rave onto an iPhone directly without having to hook up to a computer.

There is a free app called bluefire reader that is an ebook reader. Install it, then navigate safari to any of the PDF versions of the rave. I went here:

Land Rover Manuals

Open whatever file you need there and let it download some. Might take a while they are big files.

Now that you have bluefire installed you will see a thing pop up that asks "open in bluefire reader?" Tap yes, and it will open. That's it! Now you can just open bluefire and the rave will be in your library in the app. Everything works, table of contents etc and you can make your own bookmarks too.

Works in offline mode, and I have found it very handy to say the least. I now have an old crappy phone case I switch the phone into for mech time that is all greasy, and just pop it back to the good one when I'm done. Nice!

Old 07-16-2014, 12:59 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey

I've not been successful with technology..Bluefire didn't "pop up".. I'm stuck opening the RAVE in Safari. Remote area, shoddy internet connection at a dive bar, and safari freezing up. I hope there is a way to get this damn RAVE onto my iphone for good. Thanks to anyone in advance

Old 07-16-2014, 07:13 AM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i use the files app. drag and drop.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

You can install adobe reader, it keeps local copies of the PDF, and even has search.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sumeet
I've not been successful with technology..Bluefire didn't "pop up".. I'm stuck opening the RAVE in Safari. Remote area, shoddy internet connection at a dive bar, and safari freezing up. I hope there is a way to get this damn RAVE onto my iphone for good. Thanks to anyone in advance
wow.

Well, it can't read your mind for goodness sake. You have to tap once on the screen once the document is showing, and you will get the standard iphone prompt "open in" and if you have bluefire installed it will be one of the choices.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:29 PM
TReK
Received 417 Likes on 349 Posts

Install the amazon kindle app. That creates an email address to which you can mail the .pdf version of RAVE and the Kindle app treats it as if it were a book. It is downloaded to the device locally.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:39 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am such a Luddite when it comes to using iphone apps. It all worked out though. I've been wanting the RAVE on my iphone for close to a year now. Thank you for posting this easy method!! And thanks to all members who post.

Old 02-23-2019, 05:52 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by geek_IM
Ok so I found a really easy way to get the rave onto an iPhone directly without having to hook up to a computer.

There is a free app called bluefire reader that is an ebook reader. Install it, then navigate safari to any of the PDF versions of the rave. I went here:

Land Rover Manuals

Open whatever file you need there and let it download some. Might take a while they are big files.

Now that you have bluefire installed you will see a thing pop up that asks "open in bluefire reader?" Tap yes, and it will open. That's it! Now you can just open bluefire and the rave will be in your library in the app. Everything works, table of contents etc and you can make your own bookmarks too.

Works in offline mode, and I have found it very handy to say the least. I now have an old crappy phone case I switch the phone into for mech time that is all greasy, and just pop it back to the good one when I'm done. Nice!
this does not work anymore. The links do not go to the RAVE manual. I did get “bluefire reader” though

Old 02-24-2019, 09:05 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by dialtonehero57

this does not work anymore. The links do not go to the RAVE manual. I did get “bluefire reader” though
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...FdyX1VQMS1iN00

Old 02-24-2019, 11:18 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can I hug you 🤣🤣🤣🤣 that is brilliant! Thx so much for sharing! Looks like I can print all that if I want👌 Cheers 🍻

Quick Reply: Found an easier way to get rave onto an iPhone