Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Front & Rear Bumper Option

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 10:12 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Front & Rear Bumper Option

SHARING IS CARING

Found this today. I dont know a thing about them though. They have front and rear bumpers for our Rovers.

Tactical Armor Group - Bumper Store

Old 02-28-2015, 10:24 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Price is pretty good. Definitely an alternative. It still amazes me that the regular companies charge 1000-1500 for a bumper. It's crazy.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought about getting the rear bumper with the tire carrier cause compared to rte you just can't beat the price. I'm waiting on my taxes to get a rear bumper but I think that I'll end up going with their multicarrier or tactical rovers rear bumper. With all this snow piles on the east coast my stock bumper is really taking a beating when i back into a parking space lol

Old 02-28-2015, 08:35 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

I really feel like comparing RTE to TAG is like apples to oranges. You can see it on TAG's front bumper for sure. The styling and fit just aren't there. The TAG bumper looks HEAVY and has a worse approach angle than ARB. I think you'd be much better off with a used product from a reputable company.
*There's a reason you NEVER hear anybody talking about their TAG bumper despite being around for years.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

Just taking a look at it it seems like a fairly expensive option really.

The only way it's cheap is if you go with no recovery points, no paint, and no brush guard. Once you factor those in it's $200 more than the Platinum Motorsports front bumper.

That's my 2 cents.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:33 AM
Pro Wrench

That rear bumper doesn't look bad at all though. I already have a nice front 😄

Old 03-01-2015, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Never mind that's 400 for bumper 650 with swing carrier

Would be OK at 400 if the ends were finished nice

Last edited by TOM R; 03-01-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I know is I won't order from RTE again. I got royally screwed on a rear bumper. Bad enough I waited 8 months for it, but when I got it nothing fit. Angles were off and could not fit bumper at all. I had ordered other items from them, and all fit great. This one was not even close. I am finally fixing it myself. Sad to have to chop up a 900 dollar bumper to make it work. They told me my body mounts were collapsed so that's why it didn't fit. The bushings didn't look like it to me, but I ordered some anyways. Received them only to find they were the same thickness as those installed. The side guards on the bumper are not even long enough to reach the wheel well. Now I am stuck with trimmed quarter panels and a bumper that does not fit. flares on the side to guard the quarters were also too narrow. I have installed bumpers in the past with no issue. Not sure how they screwed this up, but I know when I talked to RTE their welder was having some health issues at the time. I have a feeling I ended up with a screwed up bumper they new about but didn't want to admit they screwed up.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

Sounds like you caught them at a transition/bad time. Bill did have some health issues, I know. How far did you take it with RTE? Did you ask them to send you a new bumper? I'm guessing you paid with a credit card, did you dispute the charges?

Originally Posted by wkburns
All I know is I won't order from RTE again. I got royally screwed on a rear bumper. Bad enough I waited 8 months for it, but when I got it nothing fit. Angles were off and could not fit bumper at all. I had ordered other items from them, and all fit great. This one was not even close. I am finally fixing it myself. Sad to have to chop up a 900 dollar bumper to make it work. They told me my body mounts were collapsed so that's why it didn't fit. The bushings didn't look like it to me, but I ordered some anyways. Received them only to find they were the same thickness as those installed. The side guards on the bumper are not even long enough to reach the wheel well. Now I am stuck with trimmed quarter panels and a bumper that does not fit. flares on the side to guard the quarters were also too narrow. I have installed bumpers in the past with no issue. Not sure how they screwed this up, but I know when I talked to RTE their welder was having some health issues at the time. I have a feeling I ended up with a screwed up bumper they new about but didn't want to admit they screwed up.

That TAG bumper is actually $765 with the wrap around wings. I still think you're better off getting some sliders and waiting to pounce on a good used rear bumper when one pops up.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:53 PM
Pro Wrench

Waiting... waiting.... argh I hate this waiting game! Nobody wants to sell their Discovery 1 crap!

Quick Reply: Front & Rear Bumper Option