Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Idle / Stalling Issues and RPM Needle handnging

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Idle / Stalling Issues and RPM Needle handnging

Every once in a while, I would start my rover and it would choke ? or studded on the idle then die a few secs later. Start it again and give it some gas and drive off. Would idle fine coming to a stop or driving slow. Not always but most of the time. It seemed like backing out ouf a long drive way or short road it would stall out.

But over 15mph? driving through neighborhood roads, then coming to a stop it was fine. Once in a blue moon I would drive a few miles at 45mph + and come to a stop sign, it would just die as a released the gas peddle and coast to the stop sign.

Soooo I decided to clean the air idle sensor ? Has a nipple on it with a large cylinder body located at the front of the air intake metal body.

Ok sooo I cleaned it with air intake cleaner and lots of black oil/gunk came out of it.

Now its stalling / choking every start. Soon as I start it. its vary low growling up and down then about 30secs or min till it gets to idle. But when I drive off, it just dies until I start it and manage the idle my self. It drives fine, but when coasting to a stop it may just stall out. about 60% of the time it will do this, not always.

Also, the RPM indicator needle dose not register most of the time when starting it. ?
1. it may not show RPM's until 20 secs to a min goes by of just idling in the street. or
2. It starts working as I drive off and hit a certain speed ? Just jumps from 0 to the amount that im at currenelty

Old 12-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Any one ???