Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Plastic Sh!t Broke.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 01:38 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Plastic **** Broke.

Okay, pissed. Dropped the Rover off at a shop to get the AC looked at while I was out of the country (Semper Fi) came back and they broke the freaking plastic around the radio and..it's a mess. I'm too frustrated to even explain the damage done. I just want to rip it all out and get some flip switches from auto zone for everything and make it look stupid simple. I'm having a hard time understanding the snowflake button. That's my AC right? So where do all the wires in the back go to? My compressor didn't want to kick on, and we found a bad relay. Problem is the snowflake button broke and wont stay in so now the compressor wont kick on and I cant get refrigerant in the damn system. I want to rip out everything, radio, all the switches, and leave the two air vents. Then just slap a piece of aluminum over it and rivet then get switches for everything, what do you guys think I would need for the 4 speed fan toggle switch?

Old 08-22-2014, 06:35 AM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My advice would be to replace it with the original spec plastic/switches and make the garage pay for it.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:49 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Moss
My advice would be to replace it with the original spec plastic/switches and make the garage pay for it.
This. Why *** around with DIY switches when the stock stuff works fine and really isn't hard to remove/install. Make the shop fix it.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey man, this won't help with the broken bezel, but thank you for your service. You are doing your share (and a lot of other people's share too) keeping the wolf at bay. I silently give a little thank you to guys like you every time I take my kids to the mall and come home safe.

I don't even hold it against you that you are a devildog.

Rangers lead the way! HOOAH!

Old 08-22-2014, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

I am gonna hit u pull next week if you need the panel and they have one I can grab it for you

Need to know year

If the panels busted can't you push in the button and jamb a screw in the gap to hold it

Old 08-22-2014, 10:20 AM
Pro Wrench

Thanks guys, so stock is the best way to go. I'm just frustrated I already paid the shop for their "labor" and I just left. I don't even care to deal with them anymore.

Geek: we can agree to disagree can't we? just kidding, no ill will here. Just glad to be back.

Tom: do you have a contact number or email? I'll PM you my number and email address. I'll probably just want to replace the entire plastic piece and get some new push switches.

Anybody know anything about installing a double din in our Rovers? Or do I just have to cut the plastic to the dash and leave a gap. I can't find any dash kits but then again it is British and it is older so no shocker there.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:40 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

Caleb, I was wondering where you disappeared to. Thank you for your service!

Old 08-23-2014, 02:06 PM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM R
Need to know year
His signature says 1995 DISCOVERY 1

Old 08-24-2014, 12:56 AM
Pro Wrench

95 Tom haha

Thanks fish, I haven't let the Rover go if that's what you're implying

Old 08-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too would love to replace the interior with aluminum panels and simple rocker switches. Those damn seat switches **** me off

+1 on the service...

Quick Reply: Plastic Sh!t Broke.