Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Please help my 98 disco is about to have a terrible accident lol.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok just maybe I'm a lil self conscious and the last sentence was over the top but it did show some restraint (anyone that knows me will attest to that lol) plus I have cussed enuf while working on the rover but that all being said I apologize for my punctuation and I hope it's not going to get in the way of getting the advise and help I desperately need!!! But by the way thank god for the spell check program on my iPhone if it didn't have it y'all would have a lot more to laugh about lol

Old 02-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Overlanding

I'm about to go get the new codes shortly and will post them when I get home thanks again in advance

Old 02-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Overlanding

Ok here are the new codes it has now P0101 p2453 p0102 0113 I think my ecu is as confused as I am bcuz one of the codes on the reader said there were particles in the diesel filter please help the back fire caused the under side to catch fire about ten min ago I backed down a nearby boat ramp to put it out I think it blew a hole in the top of the muffler on one of the back fires is there any way to down load a recording to this so y'all can hear how it sounds running down the road ???

Old 02-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Mass Airflow Circuit Range / Performance Problem P0101
Mass Airflow Circuit - Low Input P0102
Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input P0113
Fuel tank pressure sensor high fault: P0453

YouTube it.

I wonder if your ECM is hosed. Your getting some of the strangest codes I've ever seen! There isn't one other sensor that can cause all of this other than the ECM. I wonder if your truck had been in a flood at some point.......

What you'd want to do is to check the covers on the ECM for corrosion holes and remove them both to check the circuit board for corrosion or burned traces.

The ECM is located in the engine bay next to the windshield washer fluid container. It's under a black plastic cover. Large long connector with a million wires. Remove battery power before removing the ECM connector/ECM unit.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

My wheel well was rotted there rusted ecm case so...

Also check and clean grounds it helps alot

Old 02-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Overlanding

I didn't disconnect the battery before I did any of this how bad did I screw up by not doing so by the way tom there is no rust that I can find I'm in Alabama and as far as I know my rover was bought here and stayed here so road salt has not been an issue but I will look for corrosion thank you for the advise

Old 02-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Overlanding

I wrote this once but it didn't make it to the post what about two weeks ago I took the ECU out it had a little rust on one of the covers but I didn't see any damage inside after I removed both covers I clean the seal and put it all back together again is there anyway to test it with a multimeter or do I just need to buy a used one and hope for the best I didn't disconnect the battery before I did all of this as a matter fact I didn't disconnect the battery before I've done anything to it I hope I haven't really screwed it up

Old 02-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Any u pull yards near you?

Old 02-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Overlanding

There is one in Huntsville but the last time I called they didn't have a disco 1 there is a parts place in Kentucky I have used and as far as I know they have treated me right I'm also considering buying a 97 with a bad tranny plus a 98 that has been torn apart one motor has 112k miles the other has 180 with a recent top end all for 1700 but again money is the issue if I could sell some of the extras or the body I would try to pick it up

Old 02-13-2014, 02:04 AM
Drifting

In the beginning you mentioned the fuel sprayed over the fender... This does not mean much... Any chance you could borrow a fuel pressure tester (many auto parts stores have loaner tools)... Also, if you have a good VOM ya could run a test on the TPS to see if it has a nice liner resistance change as the throttle is opened... Has the fuel filter been verified OK ???

Quick Reply: Please help my 98 disco is about to have a terrible accident lol.