Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 03:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by fishEH
Nice! What kind is that?
6hrs. Where'd you drive to?
It's a terrafirma. It was up in Stanley, wi. 3hrs there. 3hrs back.

Worth it!

Old 09-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I pulled out the front sunroof motor to see why it wasnt working. Who would have thought a motor wouldnt like water......nice and crusty in there. Figures

Old 09-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I put my sunroof motor back in. So far so good. Cleaned up the motor guts and got it all back together. It works, it's loud, but it works. Need to tear apart the the rest of the sunroof to finish lubing everything up. Hopefully can finish leak proofing everything else in the process. I can post some pic on my build thread if anyone gives a .... about messing with one of these motors.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrojunkie383
I put my sunroof motor back in. So far so good. Cleaned up the motor guts and got it all back together. It works, it's loud, but it works. Need to tear apart the the rest of the sunroof to finish lubing everything up. Hopefully can finish leak proofing everything else in the process. I can post some pic on my build thread if anyone gives a .... about messing with one of these motors.
I do.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

FINALLY found this post again!! My original $7 bulbs are still going strong. I wanted to order a set for my other D1 and needed to find the post to know which ones to buy.
These have been great and I highly recommend them. Very white bright light.
http://smile.amazon.com/Rover-Discov...9003+discovery

Originally Posted by USNAVYORDNANCE
Amazon prime special. Was ordering my kid one of those Kendama Japanese toy things and found these for hella cheap. Bulbs work amazing. Super bright and the price was A O K.
Nice! I just ordered them, haha!
Originally Posted by USNAVYORDNANCE
Bulbs are shyt! One just went out on me... Bastards!

On another note, I installed my Realistic TRC-482 CB today.
Mounted the antenna up top in front if the forward sunroof. Drilled, grommetted, sealed and even siliconed the sunroof motor screws and access where it usually leaks from. All cb wires hidden and secured. Looks clean. Made the mount brackets out of some aluminum strap I had lying around and gave it the brushed look. Cb works great.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Terrafirma bumper and smittybilt xrc10 winch all bolted in

Attached Thumbnails So what did you do to your Disco today?-image.jpg  
Old 09-11-2015, 05:46 AM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

FINALLY found this post again!! My original $7 bulbs are still going strong. I wanted to order a set for my other D1 and needed to find the post to know which ones to buy.
These have been great and I highly recommend them. Very white bright light.
95 96 97 98 99 00 01 02 Land Rover Discovery Series II/SD/SE/SE7/LE/LSE/XD 2pc 12v 55w H4/9003 Xenon Gas Super White High/low Beam Light Bulbs 5000k (1pair) - Ropes - Amazon.com
*barf*

Blue tinted, made in some asian factory with no QC.... I'm sure they're great. lol.

I use these, and recommend them over any other halogen H4. And I've probably tried close to all of them.

<b>Osram Rallye 70/65w +50 H4 bulb</b> 64205

Old 09-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by MM3846
*barf*

Blue tinted, made in some asian factory with no QC.... I'm sure they're great. lol.

I use these, and recommend them over any other halogen H4. And I've probably tried close to all of them.

Osram Rallye 70/65w +50 H4 bulb 64205
They don't throw blue light. The light is extremely white and bright, as I said above. I've bought every grade of the Sylvania lamps, none have been as white or bright and many have lasted much less time. These have outperformed the $35-40 Silverstar Ultras at a fraction of the cost.
Haters gonna hate.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:35 PM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

They don't throw blue light. The light is extremely white and bright, as I said above. I've bought every grade of the Sylvania lamps, none have been as white or bright and many have lasted much less time. These have outperformed the $35-40 Silverstar Ultras at a fraction of the cost.
Haters gonna hate.
Anything with a sylvania label (NOT osram) is cheap, made in china junk. the blue filter just removes colors of a certain wavelength; it does make the light "whiter" but it also lowers intensity. Try out the osrams one day, you'll be surprised. I still would like to put an upgraded headlight harness on the Disco, I'm sure theres a huge voltage drop on the stock one.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by MM3846
Anything with a sylvania label (NOT osram) is cheap, made in china junk. the blue filter just removes colors of a certain wavelength; it does make the light "whiter" but it also lowers intensity. Try out the osrams one day, you'll be surprised. I still would like to put an upgraded headlight harness on the Disco, I'm sure theres a huge voltage drop on the stock one.
If my $7 lights ever burn out maybe I'll try the OSRAM. If I had money to butn I'd buy E-code housings and be done with it.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?