Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Warmer Switch Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Seat Warmer Switch Wiring

I'm away from the rave and am limited to just using my Iphone for Internet searching.

I'm trying to add an aftermarket rockerswitch with led indicator to turn on my seat warmers I'm my 99. Already had the switches and I have a custom switch panel I made from diamond plate when my old plastic one broke. Just wanted to clear up that I know stock switches can be had but I'm working with free stuff I already have on hand and I'm not concerned with beauty just function.

So my question...can anyone tell me what each of the 4 wires goes to please? There's a green/white, brown/red, blue/pink, and black.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Winching

Got them wired up and they are warming! The two smaller wires are grounds while the two bigger ones are the power and load. I'd post pics but I don't think I can upload straight to the forum from my iPhone.

Sure wish the owner of the forum could make it a little more picture posting friendly.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

How did you instal the pads??

Old 10-26-2013, 10:42 PM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingZebra34
It's a Rover "freebe", pads are already in the seat just need................

Land Rover Heated Seat Activation Kit | Land Rover Electrical Kits

Old 10-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Winching

OverRover is right. They are already all hooked up and wired. I could be wrong but I only think they are installed in models that have the real leather, so I'm guessing just not S models. I've been wrong before though, I knew my seats had them for sure because I pulled them from a wrecked d2 that had the heater switches. Why I didn't get them I have no idea. Anyways all you need is the kit he linked and its just plug and play.

The kit though is way too expensive I think though for a couple switches and some plastic surround. I'm sure you could find some out of a parts truck or something. I went with a pair if rocker switches I had on hand and they work perfect!

Last edited by Madlands; 10-26-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

re: I'm away from the rave and am limited to just using my Iphone for Internet searching

You can load the RAVE just for your vehicle on the Iphone, and with sites in links below you can get to the whole RAVE on line. Great at the office, or in the hotel while rampaging as a road warrior.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Winching

After running the seats for about 15min tonight I noticed a burning smell.
There was one spot next to my left leg in the driver seat that was poking against the leather and almost burned my hand when I touched it. I'm assuming that's where my smell came from.

Anyone know what the problem may be? I'm leaving it for the week while I head back to school, but would like to have some ideas of what to fix when I get back. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I installed switches some time ago but when I turned them on I didn't notice a difference. Any ideas?

Old 10-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Winching

I've come to the conclusion after doing some thread searching that I have a broken heater element.

Does anyone know where I can find an affordable replacement? My searching isn't turning up anything.

Maybe give this a look FZ34
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...d-seats-18780/

Old 10-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I installed switches some time ago but when I turned them on I didn't notice a difference. Any ideas?
I installed the switches too, but no heat. I've got an "S" and have realized the Vinyl Seat versions do NOT have the heat elements. DOH! Is your's an "S"?

I've got switches if anyone needs them...

Quick Reply: Seat Warmer Switch Wiring