Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Discovery Valuation...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 09:46 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

thank you to everyone on here for the help. i contacted the seller this evening and expressed that my original offer is going to have to be my final offer and to contact me if they change their mind.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

I would consider 7.5 for what you described to be a decent price. I know others here would think it high. (IF you have done your research and know what you are getting into. Seeing a dash light come on and taking it to a dealer is not going to work out)

We all ain't able to buy a total knacker and "drop in" a 'Hurricane L48, Long Block, stroked go-go gas eater', for $2k, thus achieving a Jedi like saving of a few $$.

Some of us just go out and look for a car for sale, then buy one.

Best of luck. If it doesn't come off there are more out there. Bit like fish, and women.

(My guess is the seller will decline, and someone will come along and pay closer to what he wants.)

Old 10-25-2014, 06:31 AM
Rock Crawling

Thanks... This is a vehicle I've always liked however when it was new I didn't have much use for an SUV and I was into flashier faster options.

I am looking for a local car, winter beater, something I can use to haul cargo and gear along with shuffling around kids to sporting events. We have two other vehicles but I would rather not abuse them for this type of transportation.

I do not have a problem with minor maintenance or preventative maintenance however I do not want to overpay for a unit simply because of miles and then I am still stuck with all the costly repairs associated with a vehicle of this age or this vehicle in general.

As you said, the seller will most likely decline and if that's the case the search goes on.

Thanks again for the help, information and insight.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
Thanks... This is a vehicle I've always liked however when it was new I didn't have much use for an SUV and I was into flashier faster options.

I am looking for a local car, winter beater, something I can use to haul cargo and gear along with shuffling around kids to sporting events. We have two other vehicles but I would rather not abuse them for this type of transportation.

I do not have a problem with minor maintenance or preventative maintenance however I do not want to overpay for a unit simply because of miles and then I am still stuck with all the costly repairs associated with a vehicle of this age or this vehicle in general.

As you said, the seller will most likely decline and if that's the case the search goes on.

Thanks again for the help, information and insight.
Seriously, a winter beater? That's like saying you're buying a Jaguar as a commuter car! Don't buy a Land Rover for the "cool" factor if you can't or are not willing to put in the wrench (and wrecking yard) time to keep it in top condition. Even the fattest wallet will get tired of throwing money at a British car to have someone else maintain it for them.

Go get a 10 y.o. Tahoe, Expedition, G. Cherokee or Durango. You'll be headaches avoided ahead!

Last edited by sdhow; 10-27-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:34 AM
Rock Crawling

around here this vehicle devoid of any "cool factor"... it's simply personal preference.

a local seller has a well maintained mdx w/ ultra low mileage (elderly couple) it is slightly more but if you factor in the work that each discovery needs before i can get it on the road the way i like they're basically priced the same. that is the backup plan if i cannot find the perfect discovery.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:41 PM
Rock Crawling

one more time... anyone here familiar with this G4 listed below? Two accident history but supposedly the damage was to the other vehicles not the discovery and two owners.fair offer?

Land Rover Other G4 | eBay

Old 11-17-2014, 11:41 AM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You should buy it. As a child who stood in the middle of a store and screamed his head off and then was given whatever he wanted, you obviously demand and expect to be the center of attention.

This IS the vehicle for you. Pay him full price; heck, offer him $20K, just to be sure you eliminate any posible competition.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts
The following users liked this post:
sdhow (11-17-2014)
Old 11-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Rock Crawling

this is going to be a winter beater. i need four doors and adequate clearance along with cargo space...

Old 11-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

You should buy this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261665063539?redirect=mobile

Sorry, I don't know how to make it a link...

Last edited by abran; 11-17-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Quick Reply: 2004 Discovery Valuation...