Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G4 Discovery 2 Waterproof seats What are they worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 09:49 AM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default G4 Discovery 2 Waterproof seats What are they worth?

Good Morning Internet!
I have a full set (front seats and 3 seat back row) of the waterproof seats that came with G4 special edition vehicles. I want to determine what they are worth. The drivers side has a pretty good tear but otherwise the rest of the seats are in really good shape. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated! Also any cool info about a the G4 edition would be awesome. Mine is a 2004. I am slowly rebuilding it.

Thanks in advance!

Jon

Old 03-14-2022, 05:45 PM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't know what those seats are worth but I didn't love them when I had a G4. They are just vinyl seats instead of leather and the Drivers outer bolster always seems to crack on them. Trying to repair them is hard because the material isn't readily available due to them being one off's for the G4 Editions, at least for the middle "mogul" material. I think the new owner of my truck was able to have a shop repair the outer bolster since it wasn't the "mogul" material but I haven't seen it to see how it looks.

The one thing about the vinyl seats is they somewhat wear better in the long run than the leather seats.

Are you not using them in your rebuild? Is your truck a G4 or did you just happen to buy a full set of seats from a G4?

Old 03-14-2022, 09:35 PM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a 2004 G4 and would rather have leather. I bought a parts vehicle and it had the full set of black leather in pretty good shape. I would like to sell the set of waterproof seats to someone that could use them.

Jon

Old 03-14-2022, 09:54 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 941 Likes on 633 Posts

If you own a G4, then I would say keep them. Even if you want leather, store them. That is a collector vehicle and those seats will be an impossibility to find for the next owner who may want it to be original. That will make a difference in the value of the vehicle down the road. Perhaps a significant one.

The following users liked this post:
specops1526 (03-15-2022)
Old 07-02-2022, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi what’s your number if your in England would like to buy your seats

Originally Posted by Alex_M
If you own a G4, then I would say keep them. Even if you want leather, store them. That is a collector vehicle and those seats will be an impossibility to find for the next owner who may want it to be original. That will make a difference in the value of the vehicle down the road. Perhaps a significant one.
hi I would like to buy your seats if still want to sell them I can’t find a g4 model near me for sale so would just replace my white leather heated ones now which I’m not that into the colour haha for yours if you would like to sell how much would you like

my email

declanmurphy572@yahoo.com