Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 09:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blairrf
If anyone is looking, I put mine up on Ebay...I sold my DII in the fall and just found it while looking through my recovery gear.
Can you PM me the details?

Old 04-14-2014, 12:25 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by EstorilM
Just to calrify, I've had the 3 amigos on and off for a while now - but it's still intermittent.

If I start the car with my foot on the brake a certain way, the lights don't come on. Sometimes certain braking again triggers the lights. I HAVE had the shuttle valve open circuit codes in the past.

Is the #2 fix ONLY for people who have had the code continuously, or does it only sometimes get an open fault? I'd say about 15% of the time it will start without the 3 amigos.
You know, the 3 amigos are a strange breed. I did the B fix two years ago and never got another fault until one day when a large piece of rusted metal from the rear left brake shield got lodged between the hub and the shield near the sensor. I dislodged it and was fault free again for months. Just last week the right rear brake began to squeal in a strange way because the grease in the caliper slide pins had dried out, and believe it or not when I drove real slow with the caliper stuck it immediately caused the 3 amigos to reappear and also a fault code on the front right wheel on the EMS side. The fault was 4048 implausible rough road or something like that if I remember correctly. So I did a thorough inspection of all four wheels, replaced the grease on the slide pins with better grease and it has been trouble free since.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

99 that I seem to have every issue with. Did the tranny and t-case replacement myself (what fun) over the winter and now going through they other issues I had prior. Grommets leaking under the res. were one of them as well as the 3 amigos.
While the Rover sat for a few months, while I did the above repairs , the res. emptied all over the wheel well. The Amigos , that used to come and go, are now on full time so while I had the res off I pulled the ABS out and did the B Option to NO avail. Since I don't have a scanner I thought what the hell as it looked pretty easy.
Anywho can someone tell me what the ohms are once you are wired into the harness? I have 3.1 prior to tying in . And what is the expected voltage at the harness with key On ? Just want to check my wiring. Thanks!

Old 06-05-2014, 01:41 PM
4wd Low

Does anyone know if there is another location that describes Josh's fix ???

This page: http://www.landroverclubvi.com/abs-mod.html no longer exists !!!!

HELP PLEASE !!

Old 06-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by tparsons
Does anyone know if there is another location that describes Josh's fix ???

This page: http://www.landroverclubvi.com/abs-mod.html no longer exists !!!!

HELP PLEASE !!
Ditto on that. Might have to unsticky this thing if not.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:30 PM
1st Gear

Archived ABS-Mod

I know that I am new, but I am looking to purchase a D2 in the future and I was researching common problems and this came up. I read the posts asking if anyone could find it. So there it is, minus most of the pictures. Perhaps someone can recreate it as most of the content is still there.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:53 AM
4wd Low
Default I have the complete fix...

I was able to obtain the fix via cashed webpages...

It's a PDF doc. I tried uploading it to the site but it failed. If anyone needs it, PM me your email address and I will send it to you..

Todd

Old 07-17-2014, 12:40 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by jycsalas
Well everyone, here is MY ABS Modulator fix write up.

http://www.landroverclubvi.com/abs-mod.html

Let me know what you all think....

Link is showing dead. Is there another place i can find this write up?

Old 07-22-2014, 09:16 PM
1st Gear

Hello all. Let me first state that I am new to posting on forums - so I apologize if this is in the wrong place or something.

I have read a lot about the tres mates on this forum and others and I have not come across my problem and was wondering if anyone else has. I recently got a 99 DII I traded it straight for a Audi S4 not sure if this was my best or worst idea ever yet. I wanted to start off roading, any who. I went as just mentioned off roading and got stuck in a place that I felt like I should not of. Used the winch to get out and went on my way. There are no lights on the dash (they are all working during startup sequence) I noticed though that the TC light was not flashing when stuck and I felt like it was not working. The ABS was def. working. and HD seemed like it was (light on as should be). I ended up camping out there and went off roading again in the morning. Low and behold no issues at all, climbed trails like a billy goat. TC light flashing, HDC working perfect - now realize it was not working at all previous day. Everything is perfect! Then after an hour or so of driving everything stops working again. Still no dash lights. Everything works again when cold. So I figure that it must be a heat issue in the ABS module? My first thought was the SCV was not working I then found out about this fix as it had already been done - the resistance through the solinoids at relaxed pos is correct. The earth is good to the body. I removed the module itself and put another one on (of unknown condition) was the same problem. anyone seen this?

Summary if you cant be arsed reading above. TC works when cold when hot does not.

THis has made me think that I will put a electronic switch to mechanically lock the CDL ill use one of the unused buttons. has anyone done this yet? would anyone be interested in a kit/instructions if I do it? I am lucky in that I have the unattached spigot on Transfer case.

many thanks for any reply.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:54 AM
3rd Gear

https://web.archive.org/web/20131103...m/abs-mod.html

From web archive pages. You can also access the entire website from here

Quick Reply: ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)