Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 07:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Have had them go on and off intermittently for last 2 months, and my reader always had shuttle valve code. So after reading thru the whole procedure, I spliced into the yellow/green wire and into the ground wire that plugs into the abs, below the bigger plug, I have some lockitt pos-taps that i had purchased previously, pricey but makes splicing a breeze. This was to get ready for the new wires. The three hex bolts were tight but manageable. This was the original shuttle valve, and showed no signs of brake fluid, but the insulation on the wires were brittle, so I carefully stripped and soldered the wires to run and shrink wrapped it all. It went back on easily and took no time to button up. Started up and no amigos. Hasta La Vista Amigos.

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)-img_3807.jpg

Last edited by Joemamma1954; 06-03-2015 at 09:30 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 06-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No 3 Amigos

Hi

I have downloaded the 56 page pdf and studied it thoroughly. The thing is, all I get is the ABS light come on randomly, even when not touching the brakes, and it goes out if I restart the engine.

So does this merit the work in the pdf or is this merely a poor connection fooling the ECU to report a fault.

Thanks

Geoff

Old 06-16-2015, 09:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by lrguy46
Hi

I have downloaded the 56 page pdf and studied it thoroughly. The thing is, all I get is the ABS light come on randomly, even when not touching the brakes, and it goes out if I restart the engine.

So does this merit the work in the pdf or is this merely a poor connection fooling the ECU to report a fault.

Thanks

Geoff
Do you have a code reader that reads the codes? If you can get it read and it says anything about shuttle valve, Do the option B mod, and forget about it. Mine would come on randomly and i could restart and it would be off. The mod does not take long and I have not had a light since the day i did it.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are doing this mod as we speak. Except I bought the Falconworks kit with the updated seals. 3 Amigos Intermittent etc...

Will report back the results.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joemamma1954
Do you have a code reader that reads the codes? If you can get it read and it says anything about shuttle valve, Do the option B mod, and forget about it. Mine would come on randomly and i could restart and it would be off. The mod does not take long and I have not had a light since the day i did it.
Hi

Yes it did report that... I was just being ultra optimistic that, because it reported so seldom and I didn't get the amigoes, it might have been something simpler.

Anyway, I will look into plan B next weekend.

Thanks

Geoff

Old 07-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Mudding
Exclamation

Originally Posted by jycsalas
edit: most of the original info is gone, but a couple of guys put up some decent info.
figured it would be helpful to put the good stuff together and not have to look through the dead links. the below link will get you there and if anyone has any additional info, please share....,dusty

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...abs-fix-71905/

Well everyone, here is MY ABS Modulator fix write up.

Let me know what you all think....

Ok, I think it is long overdue for you to fix that broken link and provide a proper write-up on THIS site.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by dusty1
Well it would be good to clean this thread up. 22 pages, and a lot of not.
I will add that to my to do list.
I maybe remembering a different thread entirely, but a couple of guys had saved this info and shared it. Thought they put it back on this thread, but they could have put it in another.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...abs-fix-71905/
there go
I agree. put the pertinent info in the lead post the lock the post as a sticky. When you are looking for crucial info like this you don't want to have to sift through 22+ page to find out what you need.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Three Wheeling

Well Option B worked for me. I have about 1000 miles on it with no Amigos after doing the mod and a proper bleed of the entire brake system. Bleeding the system good is very important. Don't just bleed the modulator, do all 4 calipers too.

I wouldn't use the "quad rings" provided in the Falconworks kit. They made the actual shuttle valves very sticky. I didn't have any leaks, so I just used the o rings.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:13 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yuenie
Thanks Josh. As you suggested I will continue my questions here.

I don't have any testing tool at all. The 3 amigos was there for like 3 months, not an intermittent one. A friend of mine used his OBDII to test my truck and gave him something "Shuttle Valve Failure" blah blah. I tried the troubleshooting manual/pdf in your website and no luck. That's why I want to give a try to the bypass option B. I went thru all the steps, and the connection testing at Step 40 is also fine. But when I re-installed everything, turned the key, too bad the lights were still there.

The only difference between my work and yours is, I think, I ground the harness to the hole I indicated in the pic rather than the bolt holding the pipe like you. Is that possible it is the reason?
In my experience you must get the codes cleared in order to get the "3 amigos" off your dash

Old 08-18-2015, 07:58 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Nanocom codes I've found

Hello there.
Wonder if you can have a look and maybe could recognise below, please?
I have 3amigos visiting randomly, sometimes just abs+tc light.
When turning ignition key ACE light is illuminating. However if turn the key quick enough then no ACE on dash.
codes are:
(16,2) high speed crank (logged).
(22,1) road speed missing,(logged).
23-15 shuttle valve switch electrical fail - intermittent 123 times
fault 01-05 upper and lower accelerometer signal too different

Any advice where to start?
I've checked the wheel hubs and no play detected.
I'm going to do the B option modulator mod.
Should I replace the abs sensor wires and solder them?
Regards

Quick Reply: ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)