Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 08:25 AM
Winching
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

well Ironically I sort of have been .. but I think my last fiasco helped me solve issue! several of our esteemed colleagues made comment of my odd situation where Id get brake light and 3 amigos when i put on my high beams or left turn signal with lights on... after going through 2 batteries in a couple of years i put in an optima red and the 3 amigos have left the building! now recently they came back and I think I know the issue... alternator! i think over time my battery is not getting its full charge... I'm going to put my battery on a charger and test that theory... if it is in fact the case Ill go get one of those range rover 150amp alternators and see if that helps! i went 6 months with no amigos...now they have returned but only with same situation... lights at night with left turn signal lol

Old 07-28-2016, 03:58 PM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

I have no three amigos, but the TC is going off at the front left wheel when turning left and when accelerating.

I have done the option b fix, new seals from falcon works, and shuttle valves. Both the front hubs are new.

Has anyone experienced this?

Old 07-28-2016, 09:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Did the hubs come with new ABS sensors (I'm guessing yes, but want to make sure). If they did, I'd follow the wiring all the ay and make sure it's in good condition. If the insulation is compromised it can ground against the metal and cause the ABS system to act squirmy.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mskembo
Did the hubs come with new ABS sensors (I'm guessing yes, but want to make sure). If they did, I'd follow the wiring all the ay and make sure it's in good condition. If the insulation is compromised it can ground against the metal and cause the ABS system to act squirmy.
I took the SLABS ECU down, and tested each speed sensor, and they are both good. The pins were a bit dirty so I cleaned them up. It changed the behavior a little, but still on left turns TC is coming on for no reason. The wiring is in good shape for both as well.

I am going to source a SLABS ECU and put that in.

Do you have to have the truck reprogrammed to change the SLABS ECU?

Old 08-21-2016, 05:49 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default write up on abs repair.

How do you get the writeup on the OBS system repair??

Thanks
Henry Underwood
New to Forum.

Originally Posted by jycsalas
Moderator edit: updated link: ABS Mod - LAND ROVER CLUB V.I.

edit: most of the original info is gone, but a couple of guys put up some decent info.
figured it would be helpful to put the good stuff together and not have to look through the dead links. the below link will get you there and if anyone has any additional info, please share....,dusty

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...abs-fix-71905/

Well everyone, here is MY ABS Modulator fix write up.

landroverclubvi.com

Let me know what you all think....

Old 09-15-2016, 07:55 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome Write Up!

THANK YOU !!!This is GREAT stuff.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by CollieRover
I have no three amigos, but the TC is going off at the front left wheel when turning left and when accelerating.

I have done the option b fix, new seals from falcon works, and shuttle valves. Both the front hubs are new.

Has anyone experienced this?
The adventure continued. I replaced the front left wheel speed sensor after confirming with another SLABS ECU that mine was good. Immediately the right wheel speed sensor threw a code and turned on the three amigos.

Nuts! The front left wheel speed sensor that was in there was actually fairly new. So I put that on the right front wheel, and lo and behold the symptoms of TC going off intermittently, but not throwing a code, switched to the right side.

Oy!

I have a new speed sensor for the right side coming this week, and will try to get that in this weekend.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by CollieRover
The adventure continued. I replaced the front left wheel speed sensor after confirming with another SLABS ECU that mine was good. Immediately the right wheel speed sensor threw a code and turned on the three amigos.

Nuts! The front left wheel speed sensor that was in there was actually fairly new. So I put that on the right front wheel, and lo and behold the symptoms of TC going off intermittently, but not throwing a code, switched to the right side.

Oy!

I have a new speed sensor for the right side coming this week, and will try to get that in this weekend.
i got the right speed sensor in, was good for 10 minutes, and now is telling me that the left speed sensor output is low again.

good grief.

is it possible not having the bracket behind the hub is causing it?

Old 11-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 846 Likes on 633 Posts

Since I changed my brakes, rotors, added extended brake lines, bled the brake system and ABS I haven't gotten the 3-Amigos fault in the past month... Touch wood.

Last edited by JUKE179r; 11-15-2016 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:21 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done this fix, worked great for me. What I found strange is that that the yellow/green wire doesn't ohm out to either pin on inside of the module, but the black wire (if I recall it was black) next to it does. So it seems like it shouldn't work but it does. I had also run an extra ground wire to the separate ground plug on the module.

Quick Reply: ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)