Go Back   Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum > Vehicle Line Up > Discovery II
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Default AC Fan Blower not working

Hello Everyone! I know Ive been gone for a LONG LONG time. I sold my rover back in January and the new owner has decided to drive it like a jeep...

=(

Anyway Im working on it now and the AC Fan is not coming on. I swapped the fan, resistor, and the two relays to another DII, (one by one) and everything worked and each stage of the swap on the other Disco.

The AC console comes on, NO FAULTS, and the condenser fan and AC compressor comes on.

The fan doesnt even work on HIGH.....

any thoughts?

2003 Discovery S (SOLD)

www.landroverclubvi.com

Mods: Oil Pressure Gauge, ScanGaugeII, CDL, Electric CDL Actuator, RoverRacks Rear ladder, Limb Risers, ToddCo Front Drive Shaft, DI Wiper Arms, G4 Upper Rear Lamp Guards,4 new ball joints, 265/75/16 Discoverer S/T, In-line thermostat.

Amigos Free since 11/09
Old 07-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Power transistor?

Cooling System Problems: http://landroverforums.com/forum/gen...verview-51034/
Old 07-22-2012, 03:38 PM

Driving it like a jeep? Hmmm that means they took the top off, pulled out all the interior carpet, and no longer allow it to not get stuck on the simplest of simplest of off road trails. Better question is, why would you of a all people sell it?
Oh thanks for option B fix by the way.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:37 PM

Since you have already tried all those it is likely a bad fuseblock. Probably interior one but could be the engine bay one also. I had problems with both. Fuses 6 & 7 (both a/c & rear a/c if equiped) have no power at the fuse but do have power incoming to the connector on the back. For those fuses only (rest of fuseblock is fine) the transfer of power through the block itself to the actual fuse fails. You must replace the fuseblock or bypass as I did. In my case I did not have power from the engine fuseblock. I bypassed it to get power to interior fuseblock but found it bad as well and bypassed it as well. Everything still works fine since 2008. Likely you will only have a problem with the interior fuseblock. Here is my write-up from 2008 detailing the wire colours and connectors.

A blower problem fixed!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:37 PM

Tags
2003, ac, air, blower, conditioning, discovery, fan, land, power, range, rear, replacement, rover, turn, working