Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone still renting a 3 Amigos scanner?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 06:24 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,402 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Default Anyone still renting a 3 Amigos scanner?

3 Amigos on, no cruise control, suspect a bad wheel sensor or other part of speed circuit. Would prefer to rent a scanner as opposed to chasing each wire signal one at a time. Does anyone still rent one?

Old 12-20-2014, 08:06 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know about renting but if you are close to the Hudson Valley (New York) area you could come by and use my Autel 619 which reads and clears disco abs, srs, and obd codes.
Alternatively, I highly recommend the Autel which I picked-up from Amazon a few months ago for $139. Good all around scanner and with ABS functionality it is hard to beat for the price.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

You should add your location so people can try to help you out. Anybody with an autocom cdp + can help you out, as can any owner of a nanocom, autel, or many other scanners.

As for renting, there was a guy out of New Hampshire that rented his out but I believe the last guy that tried to contact him didn't get a response. You can try a search on this forum and see if anybody else pops out.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Three Amigos?

Originally Posted by Prof63
Don't know about renting but if you are close to the Hudson Valley (New York) area you could come by and use my Autel 619 which reads and clears disco abs, srs, and obd codes.
Alternatively, I highly recommend the Autel which I picked-up from Amazon a few months ago for $139. Good all around scanner and with ABS functionality it is hard to beat for the price.
You've used this for your own Three Amigos problems? I have the dreaded threesome myself, and want to know if it can pinpoint wheel speed sensors. Also, I'm in the Albany area, where are you? I'd love to be able to hook up and diagnose it. PM me if that's an option.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:38 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,402 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Thanks for all the replied! As other posters suggested my location is Upstate SC, thanks to the NY area folks for the offers to borrow or work together, but that's obviously not in the cards :-) I did rent the scanner from the guy in NH before, contacted him but he is temporarily out of business so no luck there. I may try the Autocad software in the other thread or pick up on of the AutrEl scanners mentioned. If anyone in the NC/SC area has one they are willing to let me use, please let me know!

Thanks

Tim.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:33 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by KinverTurtle
You've used this for your own Three Amigos problems? I have the dreaded threesome myself, and want to know if it can pinpoint wheel speed sensors. Also, I'm in the Albany area, where are you? I'd love to be able to hook up and diagnose it. PM me if that's an option.

Remember the guy I was telling you about over the phone, who I met up with to get my codes reset? 04duxlr was the guy I was talking about. I drove down to CT to pick up my SD roof rack then headed back up through MA and met up with him. I ended up getting delayed a couple hours thanks to traffic and he patiently waited who knows how long - just to clear my codes! So IF hes willing to help you out to, dont keep him waiting like I did lol

Thanks again 04duxlr!

Old 12-21-2014, 11:35 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 04duxlr
You should add your location so people can try to help you out. Anybody with an autocom cdp + can help you out, as can any owner of a nanocom, autel, or many other scanners.

As for renting, there was a guy out of New Hampshire that rented his out but I believe the last guy that tried to contact him didn't get a response. You can try a search on this forum and see if anybody else pops out.

I know who you are talking about though I forget off hand what his username or email was but I did send him a private message through this forum and I even emailed him and never heard a peep.