Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACE Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts
Default ACE Question

I'm wondering how to bleed the ACE system, several times in the Rave it says "perform a bleeding procedure after maintenance operations have been performed to ensure that complete system bleeding is performed. Trapped air in the system can seriously reduce the system performance." but no where in the RAVE can I find the procedure to bleed the system, like wise when I look at the RAVE to I can not find anything called a bleeder on the picturials. Does anyone have any ideas?

Old 05-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The ACE is bled by testbook or similar by actuating all the DCV's in the valve block etc. It does it all via the diagnostic socket.

During the process it makes the vehicle rock side to side etc whilst under test. I have changed a few ACE pipes now and even tho I have a diagnostic tool to do it, I bleed it by having the engine running, reservoir topped up and rocking the car violentl from side to side, this normally drops the level a little, then top up again and take it for a spirited drive to remove anymore air. Upon return, check and top up as required.

I have actually fully de-ACED my car now as the pipes corroded in the block and leaked and there was no way I was going to spend over £600 + on pipes and seals.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

my hawkeye has a ace test on it which rocks the vechicle (pretty violently) to test that all is fine, but it also has a bleed cycle to bleed the system simular to what the test book does.
I wanted to completely change the fluid, rather than using a baster I figured I would put this fancy piece of equipment to use.
I just have not run it threw the bleed mode, because basically I didnt know what it would do.
Do you think pulling the return line off the reservior would work to flush the system?