Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crappy day!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 04:33 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Crappy day!!!!

Well after doing a great top end rebuild and replacing everything needed, went to work last night and all was grand. Spent 12 hours on a train and on the way home the water pump went out (thanks scan guage BC I caught it before it overheated). Found the only one I could close at autozone for $170 and replaced it and started filling the coolant resivoir up, how about when the water pump went out, it wobbles enough to crack the damn radiator. Sometimes you win and sometimes you loose. Today I lost and damn I lost big

Old 02-15-2017, 04:44 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
Well after doing a great top end rebuild and replacing everything needed, went to work last night and all was grand. Spent 12 hours on a train and on the way home the water pump went out (thanks scan guage BC I caught it before it overheated). Found the only one I could close at autozone for $170 and replaced it and started filling the coolant resivoir up, how about when the water pump went out, it wobbles enough to crack the damn radiator. Sometimes you win and sometimes you loose. Today I lost and damn I lost big
Sorry to hear that man! I know you just replaced everything recently. What could cause that to wobble? Just went out? Nothing broke inside? You had the pump replaced right? Or had it coated? Got that engine nice and cleaned.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:45 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
Sorry to hear that man! I know you just replaced everything recently. What could cause that to wobble? Just went out? Nothing broke inside? You had the pump replaced right? Or had it coated? Got that engine nice and cleaned.
I replaced it all. I think I just got a bad part. You know it happens at times. Just glad I caught it before it did more damage

Old 02-15-2017, 05:32 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
What a bitch eh, sorry to hear of the dammed failure after all that work done.
Tomorrow is another day and hopefully a better one for you.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 146 Likes on 102 Posts

Ouch, that blows man. At least you can do it yourself.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

That is some crazy stuff!! Was the existing pump under any type of warranty?

Old 02-15-2017, 06:26 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Sorry about the setback, really blows when you consider how much you've done in the engine bay area. Hope she shows up some love from here on out.

Brian.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Don't go buy a radiator just yet. Try to solder it first. If it's just a couple small holes you can patch it up no prob

Old 02-15-2017, 07:16 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by KingKoopa
Don't go buy a radiator just yet. Try to solder it first. If it's just a couple small holes you can patch it up no prob
man that thing is pissing like a 70 year old on water pills. There is no fixing it on my side. I think I'm gonna order an allmakes one and take that one to a radiator shop to have them repair it and clean it to keep a spare though

Old 02-15-2017, 07:18 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
That is some crazy stuff!! Was the existing pump under any type of warranty?
I'm sure since it was a bearmach one but hell by the time I try to deal with shipping and all, I'd be at a loss. I bit the bullet and got one from autozone even though it was outrageous but if it ever fails, it's got a lifetime warranty and they are local at least.

Quick Reply: Crappy day!!!!