Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crappy day!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 08:32 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

If it was mine I would have fanned the flames and burned it to the ground

Old 02-16-2017, 08:54 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

That bad part is both of us are probally 200 miles away and both in the state of Alabama. What a crappy day. Got the radiator ordered for mine though.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:38 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

on the bright side the new chevy fan /clutch combo looks promising. Repainting the hood and fender wont take any time harldy the problem is the harness. It ties into everything under the dash. I may have to just splice it near the secondary AIR, ill see what the salvage yard has or be on the look out for a disco with a blown engine or something cheap. If any one sees one please let me know. Also juckyjayb sorry to high jack your thread but i did not want you to feel alone on your crappy day lol

Old 02-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by gulfdisco
on the bright side the new chevy fan /clutch combo looks promising. Repainting the hood and fender wont take any time harldy the problem is the harness. It ties into everything under the dash. I may have to just splice it near the secondary AIR, ill see what the salvage yard has or be on the look out for a disco with a blown engine or something cheap. If any one sees one please let me know. Also juckyjayb sorry to high jack your thread but i did not want you to feel alone on your crappy day lol
no worries man. **** happens. Just hate it happened to somebody else also.

The following users liked this post:
gulfdisco (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 08:23 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

I have had to replace hoods & fenders, simultaneously such as yourself, even. I found that replacing body panels with used pieces is much cheaper & faster than a paint job. If you can't get anything local, there are a number of people who can have the parts shipped to you in days. Not to mention it only takes 1 hour to swap a hood & fender wing. If you are **** & paranoid I suggest that you ask for quality photos of the pieces that are being pulled & be specific about your needs because they can & will send you some bull$hit as I have learned. If the first guy doesn't have anything clean enough, search for other options; there are plenty of parts out there. LKQ is another supplier, not Rover specific but an option should you need to go that route.

Last edited by chubbs878; 02-18-2017 at 08:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
gulfdisco (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 06:45 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by chubbs878
I have had to replace hoods & fenders, simultaneously such as yourself, even. I found that replacing body panels with used pieces is much cheaper & faster than a paint job. If you can't get anything local, there are a number of people who can have the parts shipped to you in days. Not to mention it only takes 1 hour to swap a hood & fender wing. If you are **** & paranoid I suggest that you ask for quality photos of the pieces that are being pulled & be specific about your needs because they can & will send you some bull$hit as I have learned. If the first guy doesn't have anything clean enough, search for other options; there are plenty of parts out there. LKQ is another supplier, not Rover specific but an option should you need to go that route.
I agree but my back ground is automotive paint and for 50 dollars i can shoot it in a single stage urethane. I went on halves on an 01 d2 today 300 at a piece and it only had 107k miles so i have a straight hood and all the other parts i need. only thing missing was the upper and lower intake and the accessories.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:17 PM
Pro Wrench

I agree but my back ground is automotive paint and for 50 dollars i can shoot it in a single stage urethane. I went on halves on an 01 d2 today 300 at a piece and it only had 107k miles so i have a straight hood and all the other parts i need. only thing missing was the upper and lower intake and the accessories.
not too shabby at all. If you part out some stuff, let me know man

Old 02-18-2017, 08:18 PM
Pro Wrench

My water pump failure made my genuine Land Rover 180 degrees thermostast fubar. I did get the nissens radiator put in today and thank goodness I had a spare britpart 195 degree thermostat to at least have it running. Not a fan of the temps with it but i got another 180 on order

Old 02-18-2017, 08:46 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
not too shabby at all. If you part out some stuff, let me know man
will do

Old 02-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
My water pump failure made my genuine Land Rover 180 degrees thermostast fubar. I did get the nissens radiator put in today and thank goodness I had a spare britpart 195 degree thermostat to at least have it running. Not a fan of the temps with it but i got another 180 on order
thats crazy,at least its not july

Quick Reply: Crappy day!!!!