Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference between S, SE, HSE

Old 01-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference between S, SE, HSE

Hello,

I ran searches on Google as well as on this site and I'm not able to find the diffences between the S, SE, and HSE models of the Discovery II.

I realize that S is the "basic" model and it goes up from there, but what do the SE and HSE have that the S doesn't?

Thank You

Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is the amenities, but I am not sure exactly what.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Here is what I know from research. Everyone else can chime in with corrections please.
  • HSE -highest end model. Cold climate package standard, Heated seats, Heated Windshield, Don't know about mirrors. Leather seats on bottoms and seat backs. SLS(air bag rear suspension). PDC Park Distance control. Constant beeping 12 inches from rear obstacle. 18" wheels standard. Harmond Kardon 12 speaker audio 320w Amp 6 Disc changer, Navtec Voice GPS Navigation included, but very rudimentary from 2003/4, Hill Decent Control, Rear hieght control. ACE available as an option. Fog lights standard, All standard are rear fog lights(red), headlight washers. Sport Mode
  • SE - Also cold climate package. Leather, can come with rear coil springs or SLS. No navigation. Tape deck radio by Alpine/6 disc changer. Same 12 speaker system as HSE + Subwoofer 220w Phillips/Lear system. If equipped with SLS(Self Leveling Suspension), will also include rear high control to raise rear end for greater departure angle. Also HDC(Hill Decent control included) ACE available as an option. Fog lights standard, rear fog lights(red), headlight washers. Sport Mode
  • SE7- 2 rear seats 7 total seats = loose cargo bins for rear storage left & right
  • SD -Duragrain seats,(Only model without leather interior) no heated seats. Rear coil springs, no sunroofs. Alpine 100-watt AM/FM/cassette audio system with six speakers; and 16-inch alloy wheels. No Subwoof in tailgate door. All other standard features included. No Sport mode
Standard features Power windows, Power door locks. Tilt wheel. Lo/Hi TC Case. Traction control. ABS, Remote keyless entry, rear window defrost/side window defrost. Dual sunroofs on HSE, SE, SE7. Standard features are traction control, ABS with electronic brake force distribution, and Hill Descent Control. Also standard are a power driver's seat; dual zone climate control; rear window washer, wiper and defroster; and rear fog lights.

Options: SLS(rear air suspension), ACE(Active corning control) (A hydraulic way to control body sway with a power steering pump mech using trans fluid), Cold climate package (heated seats, heated windshield) Tow package came standard on most.

Here is a good link:http://www.newcartestdrive.com/revie...&ReviewID=2413

Old 01-20-2011, 03:06 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodd 8570 | Department of defence | Dod 8570.1 | DoD 8570 Solutions | 8570.1

hiii
i like reply bosshogt.u explaination is good.thanks for sharing

Old 01-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

My '02 SE Westminster edition did not have the cold climate package, no heated seats or heated windshield. It was prewired for the heated seats which I have installed and if its prewired for heated windshield I'll put one in when I replace the cracked windshield. Since mine is a Westminster edition I got factory navigation with in-dash CD and 6 disc changer and the 320 watt H/K sound system.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 02 SD has no sunroofs, the duragrain seat covers, low level radio package (no rear speaker on barn door) and no power amp under front seat. It does have the sport mode. Also no fog lamps. Now my 01 SE has all that stuff...top radio package (no nav), leather, and sunroofs ect. But no ACE or SLS. Both came with 16 inch wheels.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

doesnt the HSE have the rear cargo AC/heat vents where those vents are by the rear hatch?

and does the back seat passengers have heat in the roof/ceiling that blows down, or no?

and whats the empty spaces in the plastic above the rear-view mirror? i know the small one would probably be for the sunroof switch, whats the other 3"x4" or so plastic plug/plate?

i have the 03 SE, and mine has rear coil springs, but heated windshield, heated seats, foglights, 18" wheels, alpine cd changer and rear pioneer "subwoofers", i just dont have the sunroofs, air suspension, or the extra venting or navigation

Old 01-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Rayman975

-There are the rear cargo bins in the HSE. The HSE7 has 3rd row seats that fold out where those cargo bins would be.

-From what I have heard. There is no heat in the roof vents in the headliner. Only A\C cold air comes from there. The heat is only for the 2nd row passengers and vents are located to the left & right of the center console pointed towards the ground with no adjustability.

-Those plastic plates above the rear view mirror. I have seen the Homelink buttons up there on a few 00-02 models. There is a 1" x 2" plate... remove that and there is a 4mm Allen insert to manually close the front skylight. I tried it and it works, pretty cool, if your battery is dead and the rain storm hits. Best leave you windows up all the time when not driving.

Thats interesting a SE with no sun roofs. I though only the S's, SD's did not have sunroofs.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Does any one know what options the Trail Edition with the oval emblem and orange mountains had included. I've been curious to know but never got a good answer from anyone. The people I met in person didn't even know.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thank you boss. yea mine is the SE and has the rear cargo bins.

and yea, mine is the SE and has no sunroofs, which im glad, i didnt want them anyways. but still has the indentations in the headliner where they would be.

so those vents behind the cargo bins arent anything on any models? i didnt know if they ran heat/AC ducting back there or not.

either way, i love how mine is equipped. and am very happy it didnt have the air bags in the rear suspension.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Difference between S, SE, HSE