Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver door wont lock! Think I jolted something loose!

Old 05-24-2009, 06:07 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver door wont lock! Think I jolted something loose!

I'm the happy owner of a '00 Disco. A few weeks ago during a hiking trip put 300 miles or so on dusty horrible washboard roads. (They were so bad that I lost one of my fog lights! As in it came loose, disconected and fell of my Disco!) Anyways since then the drivers door wont lock when the alarm is armed. All the other doors lock/unlock just fine. The alarm goes off if you open the drivers door. Ithought I got it to the point of being able to manually lock/unlock with the key in the door lock, but today I'm not 100% certain about that either. The inside handle will unlock and open the door, but it seemed very difficult to grab the lock lever,(part that goes up and down), to pull it up to unlock it. I think it's electrical, just cause I can get it to lock/unlock etc. with the key and the handle. I can also feel something like it's trying to send the the signal or something, (when I had the door panel off), and hear it, but it seems like it only gets a faint signal or not the full signal or power. Any idea what it might be? or any Ideas on where to start? Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Big Blue; 05-24-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If someone can tell us if the 00 and 04 disco door is the same, I can copy the FSM pages for the door lock and email them to you. Last year when my window regulator went, LOL one friggin week out of warranty, the FSM was invaluable.