Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dying to ask real Land Rover owners...

Old 03-02-2008, 08:47 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dying to ask real Land Rover owners...

Hey guys. I joined this forum with one very specific goal on my mind, and this is my first post. I own several cars which I may need to upgrade, and I joined the forum to ask the real owners if below Yahoo reviews are true. Also, Forbes voted all Land Rover models in their "most unreliable luxury cars." Some say there are good ones and bad ones. If what all these bad reviews about R/R were true, I would think the company would go bankrupt. But I see so many newrange rovers, and so many guys and girls lusting after it, including me.

I don't have a lot of time on my hands to be making frequent visits to the Land Rover dealers for any kind of repair. And this is one reason why I'm considering the BMW M6 or 750 (my family went BMW 740iL and currently own 745 and X5 with absolutely no problems for the past 2 years). I was just at the Land Rover Encino and test drove a Range Rover. It was cool how this big car could climb up a 45 degree angle and managed to drive withone side of the car at a 47 degree angle. Are all these bad stories true that L/R and R/R are truly for people with money and time on their hands?

Cheers!

http://autos.yahoo.com/land_rover_ra...iwveL8F;_ylv=3

Old 03-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Mudding
Default RE: Dying to ask real Land Rover owners...

So you would be looking at a 07 or 08?

Old 03-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

They just require a little more maintenance than others. When it isn't done, they brake. If you keep your truck serviced like it should, you will really enjoy it. Mine was beat to death when I got it and she has never left me stranded. It started by itself in the driveway once, but has never not started...

I read somewhere that over 70% of all LR's ever produced are still on the road. It is like a bug. Once you get one, you can't get rid of it. YOu have an X5 and I am sure can tell a big difference. There is nothing like it, to me. IMHO, these trucks get a bad rep from people that don't take care of them like they should. Everything breaks sometimes, and every line puts out a few bad cars. It happens. That being said, there isn't anywhere I wouldn't take my truck, and it should be worn out by now...

Old 03-02-2008, 09:15 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: DuplinDisco

So you would be looking at a 07 or 08?
07 or 08 doesn't really matter to me... as long as it's a RangeRover HSE. If there is a good deal on the 07 with a few mileage, I don't mind. Is there a significant difference between 07 and 08?

Old 03-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah,about 20 Grand worth....

Old 03-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I own a 1995 Disco and I paid $1500 for it and another $1000 to fix a blown head gasket and get heads rebuilt ...

Was worth every penny once you drive it down the street and people stare at you cause of the 'style', look, the name on the hood ...

And when you take it on a trail and people stare at you cause you're driving past them, pulling them out with these tiny tow straps and itty bitty back hitch (that tows 6500 lbs btw) ...

it's just good fun all around, and mine is completely stock with a/t tires ..

If it's made by Land Rover it's good !

I've owned gigantic trucks (11ft tall, 20 ft long, 10 ft wide) and little honda's ...

I will never own another brand again, i promise that !

If i take care of the vehicle, oil changes, lube, etc ... Nothing will major will happen. Yet, if it does, ill dump the money into it or buy another L/R ...

Good luck buddy and wish i had your funding. I could use 80g's to put into my '95 disco haha