Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing M and S light in green

Old 05-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing M and S light in green

I have had this vehicle for about 4 months now. 2002 SE7 with 59000 miles. Twice after heavy rain storms I have come out to my car in the morning and started to find flashing green M and S lights. I follow the manual's instructions and turn the vehicle off and back on and the lights are gone. It seems that this can happen every once and a while but at what point do you decide to dig deeper? Any reason why a rain storm might trigger this or is that just a coincidence?

Old 05-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

You need to do a search for your flashing lights, no need to reanswer your question after it has been written about weekly for weeks. Once you learn more about it and then have a specific question, then get back to us.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I would say that either the belt is getting wet and slipping or the plug at the trans is getting wet.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Mudding

Hey Disco Mike I understand your frustration but I actually had poked around at some other threads before posting. I have a general idea of some of the causes. I think I did not say what I was asking very well. Nothing looks or acts out of place as far as battery and what not. It has happened just twice after very heavy rain. So I was just curious about two things. Do Discos just have this every once in a while so if you turn it off and then back on and it is gone is it not soemthign to worry about? I had a toyaota celica that I put 320000 miles on and it had a similier type issue the whole time. Every once in a while it throw a light you would turn it off and back on and it was gone and nothing ever came of it. Again the belts and battery look pretty good. I have my 60 coming up soon so many of these issues will be reviewed then. So maybe this whole thread will be corrected with just that maintenance.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Spike555
I would say that either the belt is getting wet and slipping or the plug at the trans is getting wet.
That seems reasonable. We are about to get pounded again with more rain so I will be curious to see if it happens after the rain.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Consider tightening all your grounds and just for ,"****s and Giggles", go by your local auto parts store and have then test to verify the voltage, when the engine is off and at idle.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Consider tightening all your grounds and just for ,"****s and Giggles", go by your local auto parts store and have then test to verify the voltage, when the engine is off and at idle.
10-4 good buddy

Old 09-25-2009, 09:43 PM
1st Gear

love is so wonderful, it helps us overcome many difficulties in our life, Thanks to love, We will feel our life more meaningful. Thanks so much to ur post and ur topic, i love it.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by sushypmad
love is so wonderful, it helps us overcome many difficulties in our life, Thanks to love, We will feel our life more meaningful. Thanks so much to ur post and ur topic, i love it.
Name:  cool-story-bro.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  51.5 KB

Old 07-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Mudding

Just so that people that are reseraching this have another reference I eventually replaced my battery which so far has corrected the issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flashing M and S light in green