Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Wheel Shake/Wobble

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Wheel Shake/Wobble

OK, I've been trying to track a problem with my drivers side wheel shaking/vibrating. I have so far replaced, as they were needed anyway, tie rod ends(all 4) swivel bearings,bushes,pins(not done by me,and double checked to make sure they were set up right), shocks are <1yr old. Rotated that tire to eleminate an out of balance issue. Radius arm bushings look new with no slop at all. Wheel bearing checked and repacked. I can not visually see the panhard rod bushing condition, but I get no movement at all when trying to wiggle it in any direction.

Before the tie rods and swivel bearings, I could get slack/movement by wiggling the wheel when jacked off the ground. That is gone now, and the shake/vibe is much better, but still there. It only happens over 55-60mph and usually when turning or when i hit a bump.

So what I'm thinkin is- I bought Explorer Pro-Comp shocks, which I thought were ok shocks, but many told me thet pretty much suck. Could that one have gone bad in less than a year? I am running Bearmach HD springs. Maybe that accelerated the shock goin bad?

The only other thing I can think of is the sway bar end link bushings look shot, but I dont know this to be a symptom of that. Am i wrong?