Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to: Seafoam Induction Procedure

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 05:10 PM
TReK
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch
Its a d1. But I really had 0 reason to do this as I just did my head gaskets and everything was squeaky clean.

I believe water just got past my pison rings which isn't a good thing either.
Ha yeah def. no need to poke a bees nest!

You let the water just drip through correct (a gallon should have taken 45 minutes to an hour)? You did it on a completely warmed up/hot engine correct? You did NOT stop the engine correct?

Regardless water should not have got past your rings even if it was liquid (it should have been steam though).

Old 11-18-2010, 10:20 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Is that valve where the clear tubing hooks into located in a similar position on the D1? Thinking about doing a throttle body cleaning, and this seafoam treatment. Do you guys recommend pouring BG44k in the gas tank instead of the seafoam? Do they have the same effect. I feel like the BG44k is less damaging to the engine.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you use an entire can of seafoam just on the vac intake?

Old 03-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Rock Crawling

That's what I did, then drove around like my engine was on fire haha

Old 03-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Three Wheeling

As I ask this, I realize that the answer probably varies....but, after finishing with the bottle of seaform and then taking the truck for a ride, about how long should you expect it to create a "fog show" behind you?

Old 03-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Rock Crawling

Uhh that depends on what rate you poured that bad boy in there. My engine was really bogged down if I spend up the induction process so i went real slow and only had smoke for about 2-3 minutes but my friend drove a good 10 minutes and had smoke pouring out the entire time.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aside from the giant smoke bomb on wheels talk, did any of you see any performance increase? Engine idle smoother? Gas mileage increase? Engine accelerate (rev) smoother?

Old 03-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Simann
Aside from the giant smoke bomb on wheels talk, did any of you see any performance increase? Engine idle smoother? Gas mileage increase? Engine accelerate (rev) smoother?
Slightly, yes, slightly, yes, in order of questions.

If the SES light stays on after cleaning, don't worry. It will turn off after a few drive cycles.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So how is this done on a D1, seeing how we have a different set-up.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle

its the same on any motor just find a vacume port on the intake. i usually suck down about half a can then plung the tube until the motor stalls then let it sit about 45 minutes before starting it up. at idle itll smoke for only a few minutes smoke screen quantity...then residual smoke increasing w rpm for only a few more. it depends on where the seafoam or whatever product u use collects in the runners etc.

despite tge smoke show u probably wont seat of the pants feel or hear any difference unless you were really dirty. clean air filter, maf, throttle n idler valve youll notice much more previlently if ur dirty!

i use 3 bottles of techron in the tank and any residual in the seafoam tank to clean injectors... and a bottle of seafoam in the oil for about 20 minutes driving before oil changes.

Quick Reply: How to: Seafoam Induction Procedure