Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Immobilized disco HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down Immobilized disco HELP

My 04 disco recently took some damage when a friend of mine slid it into a thick tree bank at ~10mph (on snow). Damage to both passengers side doors, A pillar, hood, passenger fender, bumper and passenger headlight. I bought new doors and a bumper and went to replace the rear passengers side door first. All went well and the door looks great! HOWEVER, I accidentally tricked the car into thinking it was broken into? Im getting the P1668 code for the anti-theft alarm system. It says it cant be cleared using my hawkeye tool. The car seemes to be in some sort of electronic limp mode. I let it sit for the night and came back to a nearly completely dead battery. The interior lights and turn signal indicators on the dash twitch occasionally and I hear a sound resembling a cow's moo coming from the fuse box area of the engine compartment. I tried remobilizing the engine by entering the EKA code (which hawkeye tells me is 3645) but the disco seems to be unaware that i'm even entering a code. Unsure what to do now. I disconnected the battery and will try charging it.

Any suggestions ?

Old 01-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Have you tried closing all the doors locking themmanually with the key then wait five minutes and unlock with the key?

Old 01-15-2017, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,237 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Yeah roll down say the drivers window, lock the D2 with the key, let the red light settle down and flash every few seconds, then try to unlock the D2 using your key. If the red light is flashing like crazy and it's going nuts try turning on your headlights, stick the key into the ignition, and see if once you turn the key to position II if the flashing light goes out and it starts.

I had a D2 go nuts and it wouldn't start and the red light was flashing like crazy. I tried it several times until I rolled a window down, locked it, unlocked it, opened the door, turned on the lights, and turned the key and boom it started and no more lock down.

You can sometimes try locking/unlocking with the remote. Also make sure your battery is back up with a good charge on it.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:35 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

SOLVED.
So I fiddled around with it for a couple hours until the car battery died. I tried everything but no avail. I eventually disconnected the battery for a couple of hours and connected it to a charger. Once I reconnected the battery, the car alarm triggered and I used the key to stop the alarm. When I put the key in it started right up and the anti-theft P1886 code vanished! As if nothing had ever happened! Unsure if it was just pure luck or not.