Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Basslink in Disco 2 - need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installing Basslink in Disco 2 - need help

I have a 99 disco 2 and I'm trying to install a basslink subwoofer and keep the stock head unit.

I have the most basic audio setup, no amp under the driver's seat and no subwoofers on the rear door.

I ran power to the back and also found a good ground. I tapped the wires for line input as mentioned at this page Land Rover Discovery Stereo Wiring Diagram & Subwoofer Installation. Disco Stereo Subs Install.

now the basslink is supposed to turn on when it senses a signal at the speaker wires, this isn't working.

I wonder if I have to run a remote power cable to the sub, could my speaker cables not be working because I don't have the rear subs factory installed?

Any ideas guys?

Old 12-21-2014, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

More than likely there is no signal going to those wires.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuddy
I have a 99 disco 2 and I'm trying to install a basslink subwoofer and keep the stock head unit.

I have the most basic audio setup, no amp under the driver's seat and no subwoofers on the rear door.

I ran power to the back and also found a good ground. I tapped the wires for line input as mentioned at this page Land Rover Discovery Stereo Wiring Diagram & Subwoofer Installation. Disco Stereo Subs Install.

now the basslink is supposed to turn on when it senses a signal at the speaker wires, this isn't working.

I wonder if I have to run a remote power cable to the sub, could my speaker cables not be working because I don't have the rear subs factory installed?

Any ideas guys?
The radio was different in a DI (the article you reference0, it's possible the wiring was different.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by primussucks
The radio was different in a DI (the article you reference0, it's possible the wiring was different.
I found the same color wires back there and figured they would work.... damn, don't really want to run them from the speakers in doors, what a pain that's gonna be.

It might be the only option I have.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

These trucks come prewired for everything, whether it has it or not. You will even find the wiring for the parking sensors.

So, if you don't have the amp, there is no signal on those wires!