Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To jycsalas : Question on removing SVS cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To jycsalas : Question on removing SVS cover

Hi Josh,

I have been following your post on the section "Instructions For Removing Modulator Side Only ". It drained all my energy just on the 3 hex screws. It is so tight and hard to reach. Is there any tips on that? And can I skip "24. Remove the two bolts nearest front mount"....what is the use of #24?

Thanks.

Yuenie

Old 12-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Three Wheeling

I managed to finish this project. However..... the 3 amigos are still there. So my question now is:

1) Does it matter if I crimp the connector of the harness to the car body instead of the both you indicated?

2) Do I have to reset the code after everything is done?

So frustrated now... thanks anyway.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:14 AM
TReK
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You still have to reset the codes as they are stored in the history and the lights won't turn off until you have got rid of the historical codes (why land rover did this who knows).

Old 12-17-2009, 06:09 AM
Three Wheeling

Thank you.

A stupid question though... the code must be reset by ABS Amigo or any OBDII will do?

Old 12-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

josh is on leave from the forum... hes busy digging holes. you need an ABS amigo.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Three Wheeling

Thanks, hilltoppersx. I will have to order one then.

Josh, good luck on your digging !!

Old 12-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by yuenie
I managed to finish this project. However..... the 3 amigos are still there. So my question now is:

1) Does it matter if I crimp the connector of the harness to the car body instead of the both you indicated?

2) Do I have to reset the code after everything is done?

So frustrated now... thanks anyway.

I am on leave training for a new job. =) Not digging holes though...

1) I don't understand this question too well. But, one wire has to go to ground and the other wire has to go to the Yellow/green wire when doing option B. It won't work any other way.

2) Did you do read the disclaimer?

Before attempting this repair, read the ABS trouble codes stored on the SLABS ECU to verify it is not another issue. A specialized scanner is required to read and clear the code(s). An intermittent fault will clear itself after shutting the engine off and restarting it. It will not however clear the faults from the SLABS ECU memory.

Having codes stored in memory will not cause the three amigos to come on. Only active faults cause them to visit. See Diagnostics for more information about the scanner(s).

It is very important that you get the codes read before doing this repair.

What codes did you have? You must have had a hard fault if the amigos didnt reset after engine shut off. Hence why you may need a proper scanner to read and reset codes. WHICH begs the question again,

"What codes did you have?"

11.4 is intermittent and even if the fault in the wiring is cut off completely making it a permanent fault, once rectified the amigos will disappear if that was the only issue. NO scanner required to fix the 11.4 fault. It is only necessary if you want to clear the history.

HOwever, like lipadj46 said, if there is a hard fault that is rectified, you would still need the scanner to clear the codes to make the amigos find a new home.

and in regards to # 24;

when i did the steps to remove the modulator side only, it was difficult to remove the two bolts closest to the center mount because of their proximity to the mounting bracket. That is why I removed all the other first, then after wards i removed the two closest to the center mount. If you can do it another way then great!

Old 12-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

for anyone else that reads this, if you have future questions pertaining to this procedure, lets discuss them in the sticky so we can have everything in one place.