Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Land Rover Vs. Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 10:02 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a JK Rubicon for a while with a small 2.5" lift and stock bfg tires. Always did what I wanted it to do so no complaints by me. Eventually my love for the discovery (the first suv i really ever wanted) led me to get one, no im here lol

Old 01-17-2017, 10:32 AM
5th Gear

Thank you guys. I just wanted to get honest opinions from both sides of the Jeep Vs. Land Rover communities. I think I have plenty of substance here to make an informed decision between both of these rivals.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:00 PM
5th Gear
Old 01-17-2017, 01:35 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Clinton Mahoney
Thank you guys. I just wanted to get honest opinions from both sides of the Jeep Vs. Land Rover communities. I think I have plenty of substance here to make an informed decision between both of these rivals.
That's why you left your original post? Why not just ask opinions rather than stir-up sh*t?? You said you didn't even have a Jeep. Did you start the same sh*t on a Jeep forum to get them all riled-up too??

Old 01-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

I get a kick out of the rivalry. My first car was a '76 CJ-7, second an '87 Cherokee, and third a '96 Grand Cherokee.

I like my Disco, much better than those, but the Cj is just good fun with the top off, and the Cherokee I had was really reliable. The Grand Cherokee I was not a fan of.

The Disco is way more comfortable for long trips, and that is mainly what I use it for.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:56 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by CollieRover
I get a kick out of the rivalry. My first car was a '76 CJ-7, second an '87 Cherokee, and third a '96 Grand Cherokee.

I like my Disco, much better than those, but the Cj is just good fun with the top off, and the Cherokee I had was really reliable. The Grand Cherokee I was not a fan of.

The Disco is way more comfortable for long trips, and that is mainly what I use it for.
X1.................. hey Collie, what's a Jeep

I tend to agree, the Grand Cherokee was a dunger but I always fancied a Wrangler but the techno is rather ancient in many.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,237 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance

I tend to agree, the Grand Cherokee was a dunger but I always fancied a Wrangler but the techno is rather ancient in many.
My 04 WJ Grand Cherokee with the 4.7L V8 and quadratrac II was a fantastic SUV. I wasn't a fan of the interior all that much, but you could modify the rear seat bottoms with 5/16 quick release pins so you could either have a lot more cargo room or you could sleep in the back very comfy.

I put a 2inch lift on mine, and I slapped on some JKU dark grey Rubicon wheels with M/T's. My ex gf was horrible to it, and not a single thing besides regular service items ever needed replacing. I had close to 190K on it and it ran very well when I sold it.

Off road it was okay, but nothing like a RRC, P38, D1, or D2. Quadratrac was basically a 2WD setup until it detected slip, but it could do some fantastic rooster tails and slides.

It by far was my best Jeep. My Wranglers truly lived up to the nicknames Heep or Cheep.... I dumped so much $$$$ into them only to fix the flawed weak links off the showroom floor. The top off was fun along with the doors off, but with love bug season, or excessive heat it was horrible and lets not forget the leaky roof, door surrounds, or the rear tailgate...

My Wranglers were a fun "toy" but for daily all around use they sucked vs the Grand Cherokee or a LR.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance

the low tech is kind of the beauty of it. My dad and I built my CJ with a fiberglass body. It's a miracle i didn't die in that thing. I am dead scared of Taking off my disco's dash. In my cj you'd have it off in 20 minutes.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:10 PM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

" I am dead scared of Taking off my disco's dash. In my cj you'd have it off in 20 minutes. "

You'll get it off in 20 minutes, but getting the dash back on will take 4 hrs. and half a bottle of Vodka!

Old 01-17-2017, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by OverRover
" I am dead scared of Taking off my disco's dash. In my cj you'd have it off in 20 minutes. "

You'll get it off in 20 minutes, but getting the dash back on will take 4 hrs. and half a bottle of Vodka!
i hope to never find out.

Quick Reply: Land Rover Vs. Jeep