Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winch bumper

Old 08-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Winch bumper

Ok guys and gals, what do you want in a winch bumper and how much would you pay?
Keep in mind the heavier it is the more it will cost to ship.

So let the idea's and price points fly!

Old 08-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default tough call...

tough call...i like the one from terra firma..but it s over a grand....

This one is nice as well as made near you..i like it...

What...you dont get a discount on shipping??

Terra Firma....

last picture http://www.bottorf-fabrication.com/

Attached Thumbnails Winch bumper-productid2177image02.jpg   Winch bumper-bchskbwbgk%7E%24-kgrhquh-ckeqvlmu-n-bkziqr-jjw%7E%7E_3.jpg  

Last edited by vandev; 08-04-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
TReK

I'm starting to save up for one now and i'm considering one from Hard Labor Creek. I like the a-bar one personally. I usually like the boxier ones, but i LOVE the HLC one pictured below. The whole design of it is very attractive to me. Plus I would like to stay under $1000 so at $900, im pretty close.

http://www.hlcfab.com/products.php

Its gotta be strong, but not too heavy.
I did some reading on ARB and they are whales.
HLC isn't too far from me, and I prob go pick it up to save on shipping.
However, the "saving" process will be quite slow for me since I'm also paying for an edumakashun... Donations anyone???

Old 08-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It cant be that strong without being heavy as its made from steel, to get it lightweight and strong the material to make it in that way would price it way above what people would pay tbh

How ever in saying that I paid a fortune to get an ARB over to me, but LOVE it, sweet bit of kit, yes others are cheaper, better angles etc etc etc, but for me NOTHING else looks better on a D2

Attached Thumbnails Winch bumper-arbyumyum.jpg  

Last edited by Urban Panzer; 08-04-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
I'm starting to save up for one now and i'm considering one from Hard Labor Creek. I like the a-bar one personally. I usually like the boxier ones, but i LOVE the HLC one pictured below. The whole design of it is very attractive to me. Plus I would like to stay under $1000 so at $900, im pretty close.

http://www.hlcfab.com/products.php

Its gotta be strong, but not too heavy.
I did some reading on ARB and they are whales.
HLC isn't too far from me, and I prob go pick it up to save on shipping.
However, the "saving" process will be quite slow for me since I'm also paying for an edumakashun... Donations anyone???
agree 100% this is thee best looking bumper I have seen for a disco, regardless of which bars you put on it, although I too like this a bar the best.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:33 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like that Hard Labor Creek one cam posted but I'm not sure it would work with my winch (control box on top of winch) I can tell you from experience I don't like ...a brush guard that comes out past your headlight..I don't like anything that limits my line of sight when going down a steep hill. If you go with HCL talk to denny, he seems like a good guy.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Team Owner

I dont like the "A" bar, I like the full brush bar, and that is what is needed around here for driving in the woods to protect your grill.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Urban Panzer
It cant be that strong without being heavy as its made from steel, to get it lightweight and strong the material to make it in that way would price it way above what people would pay tbh

How ever in saying that I paid a fortune to get an ARB over to me, but LOVE it, sweet bit of kit, yes others are cheaper, better angles etc etc etc, but for me NOTHING else looks better on a D2
I too really like the ARB bumper.
You got new tires Nick, I like them.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey Guys,
I have the full Borttof package. Winch bumper/ Skid plate/ Sliders/ Rear bumpering being fabricated as we speak. Nate is a great guy and is reasonable with half down payments till he is done with your build
The front winch bumper for $680 shipped to your door with D-Shakels, winch tray, 3 hoop brush bar, 2 running light tabs, + Fog light cutouts with lights. Painted flat black with Rustolioum professional.
Now I am going to try out Rustolium Bed-liner, cause it has held up so well on my other projects and is easily re-spray-able.
I would recommend Borttof stuff as it gives the front of your Rover a military look.
I have not wheeled this stuff hard yet but it is all 3/16" steel or larger. I think it will hold up for far longer than my engine will. Just dont let it rust away.

Click on the blue text in my sig to see my current Rover.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/3/2...90166953_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/3/2/8/1/7/9/webimg/389165671_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/3/2...89165533_o.jpg

Last edited by bosshogt; 08-05-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:54 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Spike555
I dont like the "A" bar, I like the full brush bar, and that is what is needed around here for driving in the woods to protect your grill.
If you look at the one I posted, it actually covers the grill very well. Its sits closer to the grill than most a-bumpers, and it actually covers more area than most square brush bar style ones ive seen. It doesn't do much for the lights, but the grill is the important thing.

Now, if you don't like the style, thats a whole different story.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Winch bumper