Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old Style Headlights....To New Style Headlights..How is it done?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Old Style Headlights....To New Style Headlights..How is it done?

How is it done? I love the newer Disco 2 style headlights so much more than the ones mine has, but I just have no idea what kind of modifications are involved and what materials I need to do it with.

Thanks-

Old 09-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old Style Headlights....To New Style Headlights..How is it done?

There is a thread on here with all the answers. Same as the one I posted on Dweb. Yes I'm stalking you! hahah jk

Old 09-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle

The only problem is the cost, especially the labor if you can't do the work yourself. You're looking at about $700 for a pair of used headlamps and 16 hours of labor if you have all of the tools. There's also the issue of those lights getting condensation on the inside of the headlamps. Ask JupiterRover about that one. In fact you can see it in his avatar. To me, this is a job when you don't have any mods left for your truck, and are very bored with nothing else to spend $2500 on.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

knowing that those lights are $350.00 at the dealer each, and they automatically come with a 1 year warranty makes buying used ones on ebay very illogical. especially knowing that they go for some $250.00 on ebay and they almost all have condensation problem. I think its worth paying the extra $200.00 at the dealer for new ones.

At least that's what I'm trying to convince a friend of mine that just won't listen.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for the info, but yeah. I am pretty bored and really don't have anymore mods to spend money on for the truck. Which is why I am in the process of trying to change the lights out and get it painted orange.

Oh, and since your stalking me Jupiter, want to come out to the shop and swap me the parts off of your Land Rover?[8D]

Old 09-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Winching

ORIGINAL: Street Wolf

Thanks for the info, but yeah. I am pretty bored and really don't have anymore mods to spend money on for the truck. Which is why I am in the process of trying to change the lights out and get it painted orange.

Oh, and since your stalking me Jupiter, want to come out to the shop and swap me the parts off of your Land Rover? [8D]
You haven't even bought my tire carrier yet haha It has your name with a sticky on it!

Old 09-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Winching

ORIGINAL: Disco2Guy

The only problem is the cost, especially the labor if you can't do the work yourself. You're looking at about $700 for a pair of used headlamps and 16 hours of labor if you have all of the tools. There's also the issue of those lights getting condensation on the inside of the headlamps. Ask JupiterRover about that one. In fact you can see it in his avatar. To me, this is a job when you don't have any mods left for your truck, and are very bored with nothing else to spend $2500 on.
My condensation happened because I went swimming with water at hood level haha. But I do agree, I had a set of headlamps that got condensation from the rain... (warranty) I heard you can drill holes on the bottom to let the water drain out. Can't you just take them apart and dry them? I'm going to have a look at them in a couple weeks.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

The problem with just taking them apart to dry them is that they will fog up again.
With proper vetalation they wont fog ever again. Two holes on top and bottom. Pull the headlight out of the truck and put your holes where they wont be seen.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Winching

ORIGINAL: Spike555

The problem with just taking them apart to dry them is that they will fog up again.
With proper vetalation they wont fog ever again. Two holes on top and bottom. Pull the headlight out of the truck and put your holes where they wont be seen.

Okay thanks.