Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possessed headlamp and dash light - nonstop flickering while driving

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:44 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Possessed headlamp and dash light - nonstop flickering while driving

This is a 95' Disco I w/183,000 miles. While driving, my dash light and headlamp flicker nonstop. If I'm on the highway and let go of the gas pedal, the headlamps and dash lights will flicker nonstop. It'll only stop when I come to a full stop (bascially when I have to exit off a highway). In addition, when stepping on the gas pedal from a dead stop, the headlamp and dash light flicker for about 5 seconds, then stops flickering, but once I hit a certain speed and let go of the gas pedal, it'll flicker nonstop until the next full stop.

When I say flicker, it's literally going from dim, bright, dim, bright, etc... and it is very noticeable.

The only 2 issues I have with the truck is a rpm surge when I come to a full stop and a low idling problem. The rpm on the tach would surge about .500 rpm when I come to a full stop. The surge would happen only once. As of today, the rpm started to surge twice before a full stop. Each time, .500 rpm. I've had both problems since the first I bought the truck.

The alternator was change about 3 weeks ago. The truck still drives very strong with lots of power - no power loss.[/align]

Old 09-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Possessed headlamp and dash light - nonstop flickering while driving

Sounds like a ground problem, start under the hood, several grounds are there, turn on the lights and tug on the grounds , If thats not it check a wiring diagram and check power supply.
This could s\