Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio, cruise control, radio control, and horn all went out last night

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio, cruise control, radio control, and horn all went out last night

Like magic, all went out at the same time....change fuses still nothing...does anyone know how to fix? As a former GM, Ford, Volkswagon, BMW owner I am thinking relay...I dont own the manual yet to my truck 2001 disco II LE. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Check over all of your fuses again. Did you check the fuse box under the hood? From there, I would start checking the grounding points. You can download a Rave CD for free, it will have the manual in it...do a search on here...

Old 02-26-2009, 09:33 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Check Fuse 16 in the fuse box under the hood. If that is good check for a ground point in common, probably behind the driver side kick panel.

Last edited by AK Rover; 02-26-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Drifting
Default Thanks checking fuses again and ground points...

any thoughts on the relay?? I will report when the fuse check is finished..

Old 03-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need that wiring diagram thats in the Rave CD and a test light...... it could be a bunch of things.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Drifting
Default No luck

pulled fuse...nothing.....no luck with finding rave cd..never did that before not really sure how to download it....ordered repair manual should get it next week...no radio is killing me...got the ipod working but I miss my talk radio..plus driving in south florida with no horn is not much fun....former owner said something about replacing a ring around the stering wheel that would fix everything? do you know anything about that?

Old 03-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

drivers kick would definately be my second place to look (thats the grounding point to all those things), the panel to the left of your pedals, remove it and you will find a bolt right into the body with a few wires coming from it. Make sure the key is out of the ignition, take the bolt off and use a wire brush to clean very well all paint, and any dirt or anything else on the body, the bolt, and all the wires there.

as for the ring around the steering wheel I don't think the PO knows what he is talking about, the only thing on the steering wheel is the horn and the rotary coupler but that does not have anything to do with the grounds of all these things.

and by the way did you check all the fuses? I would!!!

Last edited by Rover Chris; 03-03-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.p...e&Itemid=1

you should be able to find the Rave CD on this site. you need an ISO program (alcohol 120) to use it. you can burn it to a CD or just mount the file on your virtual drive. I hope this helps.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Drifting

pulled fuses...fine.......removed kick plate everything clean......looked around cannot find a thing that would connect all these things.....help!

Old 03-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

you will not see a bad ground, not sure if you di or not but you actually have to clean it, I know you are concerned about relays but relays very RARELY go bad, I would be more concerned about the transistors on the circuit boards to go bad before any of your relays.

if you have a test light or a multimeter you are going to need to test some things, if you don't have one I would get one, your disco will make good use of it. I am downloading the rave cd for the disco 2 now and will tell you what and where to test when I look at it.

Last edited by Rover Chris; 03-04-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Radio, cruise control, radio control, and horn all went out last night