Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rave Manual

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rave Manual

Can someone please send me the RAVE manual? I'm having a terrible time opening it up. Anyone kind enought to send me this any other way?

Many Thanks!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Rave Manual

There is a free download for it. Another guy just posted today that he has one for sale.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Mudding

Where is the free download?

Old 10-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Here is the download.

And instructions:
Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Style Definitions table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:"; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} RAVE[/b] Ok. I use Alcohol 120% to mount .iso files but any app that can read them is fine. An .iso file (also known as an image file) is a special format that contains all of the individual files you want to burn on a cd "merged" into one file. It's kinda like a .zip file only it doesn't reduce the file size. Just like you use WinZip to read the contents of that file, Alcohol 120% reads the contents of the .iso format.

1. Once you install the app you should have a virtual drive in Windows Explorer, which you can assign a drive letter. I use V: (for virtual).
2. Next, you'll want to mount the .iso file to the virtual drive. This will allow you to browse the virtual drive as if you had the RAVE cd and see all the individual .pdf files.
3. There should be a folder called "Rave (Discovery II _ Freelander '01)". You can now copy that folder to your hard drive then burn it onto a cd.

To run RAVE simply click on RAVE.exe and click on the opening window screen. The app uses an a copy of Adobe Acrobat 4 (which comes with it) to open the .pdf files. If you try to use a newer version you will get an error because Acrobat 4 .pdf's are not supported in newer versions.

That's about it. If you have further questions let me know and I'll try to get you up and running.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Team Owner

Roverflo-You should start a thread named "free rave cd" with the free download and the instructions to install.
Then we could have people search for the download and BAM!, they have it.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle

What we really need are stickies. We can put all this common info that we repeat a lot up there. I don't know who to contact for that on this board.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Three Wheeling

I just bought a Rover repair manual on a disc from ebay for 03-04 Disco II, I put it in and it is labeled RAVE with a green land rover sign. It shows everything up to 03. Now, it doesn't show 2004, but It covers evrything under land rover! $3.99 on ebay plus shipping, $10 bucks. Is this the same RAVE maual that you guys are refering too? Just making sure I bought the correct one. Thanks

Old 10-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Winching

Yes it should be the same. As far as I know there is only One Type of RAVE cd available to the public.

My question is, Is the RAVE cd we use the Same the mechanics use at the dealer to work on our Discos?

Old 10-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I believe it is. I also have the printed workshop manual and the RAVE is verbatim to it.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Team Owner

The RAVE CD is not a wild party but a workshop/rebuild/owners manual all in one. It is the same thing the mechanics use just not in hardcopy.
ek-'03 is the same as your '04.
D2G-Yes we do need stickies. The Volvo forum that I am also on has them on the 1st page with all the most common problems with that model of Volvo. It is very nice for a noob.
I never even take my RAVE CD out of my PC. It is in the DVD drive 100% of the time.

Quick Reply: Rave Manual