Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seafoam procedure: Seeking detailed specifics

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Seafoam procedure: Seeking detailed specifics

Okay, I have read many threads about this Seafoam process and am looking for more information.

Upon looking in other pictures where the nipple location is, mine seems to have a zip tie around it (see picture). As you can see, I do not have that red ring but I hope you can see. It also seems to have a larger rubber plug. I am beginning to fear that it may fall off after I plug it back. I might need extra zip ties then.

So is it safe to have the engine running during the removal of the nipple plug into the Seafoam hose. Or turn the engine off, connect the hose then turn engine back on?

Also, I understand to clean the throttle bottle as well with carb cleaner. I have included the pictures and I am assuming you loosen the bolt right below the yellow warning decal and you'll see the throttle?

Next, when I spray the carb cleaner, do I let it sit dry or wipe it down clean. Also, do I pull one of the cables on the left side to access the butterfly?

I will take pictures of this process as reference to the community. Can't wait to smoke the street out.

Cheers.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Loosen the worm clamp on the throttle body air intake tubing and move the tubing out of the way, spray all around, open the butterfly by moving the throttle, that is the thing with all the cables.
Spray everything that you can see, dont scrub, dont wipe, dont let it dry, spray, put it back together and then start the truck.
She will be hard to start because she will be flooded, once the exhaust is clear once again you can shut her back off.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

If you want some step by step information, send me your tele number and I'll call you.