Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy things that a Disco just makes you do!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Crazy things that a Disco just makes you do!

Just a non-tech fun thought on owning a Discovery after driving a Toyota Avalon most of the time for the past 6 years.

I had to go from my house to the local Sam's club for some olive oil. My yellow lab had been in the house all day and she loves going for rides in the car, especially the Disco. She likes to sit in the front passenger side floor area with her nose hanging out the window and with a sunny day and in about 60 outside it's perfect. So, I get my olive oil at Sam's and am heading back home and I go by the utility easement I have passed so many times before and something I can't explain comes over me and I hang a right and go for a ride down the bumpy muddy road, splashing through the puddles. My dog immediately starts panting and has that look of "wow, this is cool!" We stop and I let her run around for awhile with her nose to the ground. Thankfully she does not take a swim!

We get back in and drive to the end of the trail where a huge concrete drainage culvert separates us from the other side. I try to see how deep the water is but it's pretty muddy, the water at the bottom is about 8 ft across but no idea how deep. The concrete is a level slope down, about a 25-30 degree slope down and back up the other side. Should I??? I wonder. Better not, my wife has no idea where I am and it's almost dark. So I turn around and head home. Another time maybe.

When I get home, my wife asks me if they are doing roadwork or something at Sam's Club because my car is all muddy now. "Yea it was a little muddy on the way back", I reply. [sm=lol.gif]

Note to self: Yellow lab and black carpet...hmmm...next time get the tan interior or just get a black lab...

Old 02-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crazy things that a Disco just makes you do!

Great story man... But it doesn't matter what dog you have as long as you have a Disco. lol.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice. My two German Shepherds think that a car ride is god's gift to dogs. It's a struggle to walk past the Disco without them pulling me to it and then bark and put their paws on the rear bumper trying to get in.

I love my Disco almost as much as my dogs ;-)

Pics are from December '06 when one was still a pup.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Mudding

what is it with dogs and our socks in their mouths.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Three Wheeling

Dogs love stinky things LOL!!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the craziest thing that I found my Disco made me do, was being completely paranoid when driving it, in the way that I'd listen to all the cracking and was feeling all the clunking and almost watching the instrument panel more than the road. I'd park in my garage on a daily basisto be able to monitor my oil and coolant levels without all my neighbors seing that that hood wasopen again !!! Then I learned to know it, bit the bullet and changed all the related gaskets,O2 sensors,radiator andrenewed all the possible fluids with synthetics,and $6000.00 later, I enjoy it like I was expecting that I would. But it sure was a long 10 months. Is that crazy or what???

Old 02-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Mudding

Crazy. The river was roaring big time.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Sweet pic, where was that at?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: Spike555

Sweet pic, where was that at?
Catskill mountains in up state NY.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

After the ice damns break up and the river flood I want to make and post a video on u-tube of me driving down by the riverboat, the parking lot floods really bad. Its really fun, and deep. They have to chain the dumpster to a tree so that it doesnt float away.

Quick Reply: Crazy things that a Disco just makes you do!